Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I hoped this day is never gonna come, but it came. This is my first problem with my N900, a severe one, that I am posting here. I was uninstalling conky using HAM, but the uninstallation stuck so I cancelled it. Then I opened Xterm and apt-get remove conky, but as expected, E: error bla bla, that old error about HAM running came up. I decided to reboot, and then, my phone got stuck at the 5 flashing points, they just keep on flashing in their pattern. I reflashed both EMMC + FIASCO with no results , my phone likes the 5 dots . Any help?

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-02-24 at 09:25.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Why don't you remove the battery out from the phone for sometime & then give it a try again...

Though this seems like a grave problem if it doesn't work even after that...

Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
Why don't you remove the battery out from the phone for sometime & then give it a try again...

Though this seems like a grave problem if it doesn't work even after that...
Don't tell me, I already tried that, no signs of life

Imma flash the thing again, holding hopes...

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-02-23 at 18:54.

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Flash your phone (EMMC)
(default procedure, remove battery, connect usb cable, HOLD U Button on your N900, insert battery)
flash your EMMC (WITHOUT THE REBOOT OPTION).

after it's done, remove the battery, wait a couple seconds, HOLD U Button on your N900, insert battery back again.

Then flash your phone again but with the newest FW.
This should work

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Flash your phone (EMMC)
(default procedure, remove battery, connect usb cable, HOLD U Button on your N900, insert battery)

after it's done, remove the battery, wait a couple seconds, HOLD U Button on your N900, insert battery back again.

This should work
I know that *sighs*, I have a good experience of flashing after reflashing 84 times.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Finished flashing, booting up right now. No signs. 5 Dots beating rapidly, even faster than they used to beat...
It's been 3 minutes till now, dots still flashing...

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-02-23 at 18:59.

Is it charged up enough?

Tried plugging into pc with keyboard and holding u key?

You probably have tried all that already but just mentioning possible things to try from my limited knowledge. You never know what can be missed even when you think you tried it all.

Also-when connected to pc, which now I think about it, you must have done to flash it (hehe).....flasher has a command to reboot the phone from there. You can also try flashing only the boot image. People do have problems even getting it to connect to flasher when battery is low though, so make sure it is charged up.

I forget the actual flasher commands you need to type but there it is all in the readme in the flasher folder and I am sure plenty of people on here know it off the top of their head

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Flash your phone (EMMC)

This should work
sry dude but you are wrong.
from the wiki :
When flashing the eMMC content, always flash the eMMC/VANILLA image first, and then flash the FIASCO/Rootfs image. Do not boot up the device between the two i.e do NOT use the -R parameter at the end! Rationale: on accidental booting in between the 2 flash processes, the sequence formerly suggested (rootfs first) will result in a broken system. The sequence "eMMC first, then rootfs" is checked back with Nokia affiliates and is proven to work. The former advice on tablets-dev.nokia.com was not based on any facts for the recent eMMC VANILLA image. It's fixed now and in line with this wiki .

wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

sorry- took me so long to type that other people came up with the sam idead

Tags
killed my babe, n950 next