While wondering how hard it would be to get a replacement keypad... I found this http://www.ecaseshop.com/nokia-n900-...te-p-3672.html

would be pretty cool to have a N900.... maybe when using it in public people will stop thinking or asking if that is a droid? ha :-)

I wonder how much a cell phone service center would charge to tear down a N900 and put it back together with a white case like this. I was about to buy a new N900 anyway to have two, would be fun to have one black and one white...

I know this is just for fun, but figure I would see what it might cost to get done?

It's a replacement case for n900 made by chinese people.. You could see alot of those from E-Bay.

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
i wish someone made an anodized aluminum replacement housing. that would have been something.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shockgiga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
try colorware...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
plus white isnot elegant on n900 as black.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
They do a gold one!

Gold... interesting.

Also you could buy the white one and then do some skillfull glitter airbrush work on it for Ultimate Bling.

/Z

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
i bought that white cover, don't buy it, it really feels cheap, i didn't even try to put it on because then my N900 will feel worse than and very cheaply plastic toy....

+ the styles does not latch so it will not stay in place.

But the one i bought was cheaper.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-02-25 at 08:40.

Okay, I just had my N900 dismantled... I would advice you that some of the screws, the four behind the screen, requires A LOT of force to unscrew. There's a video on youtube of this being opened, and they too said they feared they would puncture the screen.

I had to use a metal screwdriver and pliers with my right hand while pressing the screwdriver so hard down, that my palm got bruised.

I would recommend NOT to replace the black parts around/behind the screen unless something is broken.

It'd be easier to replace the keyboard and bottom fascia parts, though. That's about eight screws, a cable/ribbon to the lcd, and some clipon stuff.

After dismantling, my WiFi doesn't work... But then, before dismantling, nothing worked. So that may be unrelated.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
To bad if you wanted a new color for the N900, you cant get a white keyboard...., the black around the screen (front) can't be changed unless to really take it apart (glued together).

The screws are not that hard to unscrew.... i have taken my N900 apart many times so far, despite only having it for 3-4 mounts.....

i would like a GOLD color, but i guess that if i want another color im going to buy a GENUINE full cover (black), polish it down and get it painted professionally to some cool color

another induval color mod would be to take the aluminum frame off and polish it down and just paint that in the color you want

Tags
white n900