Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
In light of what has happened with Nokia and Microsoft, Nokia's abandonment of Maemo, and the relegation of MeeGo to an experimental hobbyist platform to deal with "future disruptive technologies", I'm concerned that Nokia will pull the plug on this forum or undermine it in some other way.

I'd like (a) for "us all"* to keep meeting in some single webplace like TMO and (b) to know that we can continue to use past posts (and the Wiki, Downloads section, etc.) as a reference and ongoing resource.

Has there been discussion of Intel hosting the website now that it (unlike Nokia) has pledged strong, continued support of the MeeGo platform, or, better yet, some open-software friendly group (like the Linux Foundation?) hosting it? Could all of our posts and other contributions be taken or mirrored there?

*OK, I'd actually prefer it not be all of us, but what can you do?!

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Lengthy discussion on moving domain for maemo.org (including talk and repositories) here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69691

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
sry posted in wrong thread...

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Last edited by atilla; 2011-02-24 at 22:39.