Notices

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Hi,
I am working on an open source clone of the camera-ui (close to finished).
While comparing the image results, I am wondering, are there any differences between macro and potrait mode.

For me, neither zoom levels nor the focus capability shows
any differences.

regards
Nicolai

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
macro mean the distance while you capture photos has limit to range 10 cm to 60 cm, meanwhile macro only lock 1 focus object that is. As far as i know.
Any way, its great u make clone camera ui clone, anyway, while open camera cover or press full shutter will it send dbus to your clone camera i hope u fix some terrified bug, anyway is you clone include camera recorder just guessing.
When will it realease?
Sorry for many question.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cloud596 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Hi,
While comparing the image results, I am wondering, are there any differences between macro and potrait mode.

any differences.

regards
Nicolai
Hope this helps... URL http://www.digitalpicturezone.com/di...asy-operation/

The Following User Says Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Hi cloud596

Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
macro mean the distance while you capture photos has limit to range 10 cm to 60 cm, meanwhile macro only lock 1 focus object that is. As far as i know.
Thank you. But I know what a macro mode is supposed to be. My question is,
is there a difference in maemo's camera-ui. For me, both modes
behave absolutly the same.
Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
Any way, its great u make clone camera ui clone, anyway, while open camera cover or press full shutter will it send dbus to your clone camera i hope u fix some terrified bug, anyway is you clone include camera recorder just guessing.
When will it realease?
Sorry for many question.
The plan is to replace the builtin camera-ui fully.
It does react on lens cover and cam shutter buttons, the same way as the builtin does.
But I want to make this configurable, so the user can enable and
disable this function.

Yes the video recording function is included.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
nicolai , i want to add some comments but from photographer experience and not any n900 code

macro need special optics because is hard to achieve reasonable deep of field small aperture always help macro lenses have optimizations for close to lens light directions

portrait need also special optics large aperture to fade wrinkles and blur the background ( small DOF ), focal long enough to not distort the nose , good human skin color balance and modern times automatic red eye reductions

so ( my opinion ) the only optimization for n900 with fixed optics is aperture value : small on macro, large on portrait

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blue_led For This Useful Post:
Thank you blue_led,
but as far as I know the aperture is fixed.
All photos I made have an aperture of 2.8 regardless
of the scene mode.

nicolai

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I hope this won't at all interfere with cl-launcher and/or Flashlight Extra (I use cl-launcher, but gotta not make the common mistake of focusing on only the software that matters to me)?

So, when you say "configurable", do you mean just a on/off toggle for whether camera lens and camera button launch it? Or full blown cl-launcher style configurability, where you can chose to either have the camera-ui, another program, or a pop-up list of programs to chose from, get launched? (I'm thinking, simply the first is fine. Then cl-launcher and flashlight extra should still work fine with the normal camera-ui and this one, since they respond to the camera lens opening, and then send a kill command to the camera-ui process before it can load, as I understand it.)

It configures only the camera behavior.
You can enble and disable
if the camera should open when the lenscover open
and/or the focus button is pressed.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Hm, no hobby photograph using the n900 and wonders for
what the macro mode is good for?

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Hi,

any differences.

regards
Nicolai
This is just guessing as I haven't been comparing the two modes but could there be a difference in the colour rendition between the two modes?

Since portrait mode is intended for photographing people, the colour rendition could perhaps be slightly different compared to macro mode in order to create more 'pleasing' shots of people?!

The Following User Says Thank You to generationally For This Useful Post: