I got the holster from here, a FrogPad, and, of course, the N800, applied some Velcro and made a place to stick my FrogPad and type from. Now I can hold my Nokia in my left hand and touch-type with my right hand.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
Is Frog Pad bluetooth or USB?

Bluetooth. I abhor cables with a passion.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
Originally Posted by kakos View Post
Bluetooth. I abhor cables with a passion.
Fully agree

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by kakos View Post
Now I can hold my Nokia in my left hand and touch-type with my right hand.
i bet your girlfriend/wife loves that!

Minor correction re FrogPad: You can get it in either Bluetooth or USB models -- and I believe there is currently some consideration in offering in the future one that works both ways. In any case, I love mine, but hadn't considered the hip or shoulder options. Mmmmm.

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007
if you going to wear something like that- just buy a laptop and carry a small laptop case. Plus you stick out like a sore thumb - great for thieves/pickpockets. The whole point of a small device is to have more freedom, that I'm afraid is an accident waiting to happen.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It really depends on where he's using it, though. A rig like that would be almost ideal in the production line auditing scenario I've been working on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
Wear a velcro arm band and stick your N800 to your arm. Don a tuxedo and you'll be scoring chicks better than James Bond in no time.

Or if you're good at touchtyping on the frogpad, even better, stick it inside the pocket of your pants, then go around telling people you can type by just thinking of it! Just squint really hard at the N800 and make minimal hand movements in your pocket, you could be the star at the next CES!

Last edited by torx; 2007-06-29 at 15:18.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Vancouver, WA
Gotta say, this is the first I've seen of the FrogPad..

how easy is it to type on and what kind of speeds(wpm) are you able to do accurately?
40wpm is just downright slow if you ask me..but I do realize you're only using 1 hand vs. 2...so I don't expect 80wpm...

Just wondering what is realistic to expect...cuz I'd MUCH rather have that frogpad I just saw than a collapsible BT that I gotta fold and unfold.

Style says it all