Honestly, I'm Starting To Hate Maemo Right Now. With All Do Respect To The Development Team Of Maemo, This Problem Is Not Going Anywhere. I Am To My Tows With This Damed Problem And I Am Really Getting Pissed Off At It.

I Have Been Facing This Issue (Hildon-home) Crashing, For Over 3 Months Now, Yet There Is Totally No Support Towards Fixing This Problem. I Did Post A Thread Concerning About This Problem, All I Got Was Remove Problematic Apps And Wait For Updates.

But Now, After Months Of Facing This Problem, I Dont Think It's An App Issue. I Suspect That This Has Something To Do With The Pr 1.3 Update.Why you may ask? because i realized the hildon-home crashes even with no apps/widgets running.

The Problem Is Not Just Hildon-home Crashing, But Because Of It Happening The Os Tries To Recover It And Causes The Processor To Shoot Up To 50%, Which Then Eats Up The Phone Battery Like A Well Known Bunny On Steroids.

To top it all off, The idiots in nokia decided to scrap the maemo project and move on the Microsoft W7 mobile. Knowing that, i dont think there will be anymore updates for the maemo system. (do correct me on this).

Now, some one please fix this god dam *+#€#-# issue!

Last edited by Nyx; 2011-03-09 at 11:07.

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
First Of All Please Dont Type Like This..Its Painful for The Eyes.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU Hope this helps!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hildon-home crashes if widget is misbehaving.

Flash your device and do not install anything that releates to widgets.

To give support you have to find that misbehaving widget by yourself and write bug report to devel of that widget.

From what I see bugzilla hildon-home entry is that Nokia engineers say that their test device (devie that does not have anything 3rd party stuff installed) works as it should.

.edit
--or maybe not--

..edit
Has it ever come to your mind that you are pretty much alone with your problem. Or maybe there is couple of hundred users with same problem as you are having and still most of users do not have problem what you have. So painfull fact is that you have to help yourself and try to debug where the problem lies.

Last edited by slender; 2011-03-09 at 10:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Wow, that was a long headline.

Anyway, define crashing? What happens when it crashes?
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
Honestly, I'm Starting To Hate Maemo Right Now. With All Do Respect To The Development Team Of Maemo, This Problem Is Not Going Anywhere. I Am To My Tows With This Dam Problem And I Am Really Getting Pissed Off At It.
[...]
Now, some one please fix this god dam *+#€#-# issue!
I don't think that this is a dam problem. This is a dam problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfW5MqT7CSA And yes, they're trying to fix the dam problem.

However, did you try to completely flash it? Did you try deleting all your desktop widgets (maybe its a widget crashing)?

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hildon-home crashes if widget is misbehaving.

Flash your device and do not install anything that releates to widgets.

To give support you have to find that misbehaving widget by yourself and write bug report to devel of that widget.

From what I see bugzilla hildon-home entry is that Nokia engineers say that their test device (devie that does not have anything 3rd party stuff installed) works as it should.

.edit
--or maybe not--

..edit
Has it ever come to your mind that you are pretty much alone with your problem. Or maybe there is couple of hundred users with same problem as you are having and still most of users do not have problem what you have. So painfull fact is that you have to help yourself and try to debug where the problem lies.
I have flashed my phone about 3 times already yet the problem persists. And no, i'm not the only one there are quite a number of them having this same problem, i guess they are just living with it. But i cant! I cant stand my phone crashing or lagging.

Originally Posted by mece View Post
Wow, that was a long headline.

Anyway, define crashing? What happens when it crashes?
Well, every single object on the screen stops responding except Contacts shortcuts. Nothing will respond to the touch, and if you continuously tap the screen the task manager will ask you if you want to terminate hildon-home.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
If you've flashed it 3 times and the problem still persists, then maybe it's a hardware problem. Time to return it to Nokia "care"?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Never had that kind of problem :| If it does that with factory default device that has only your contact data imported then quite likely it´s HW-fault.

Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
I don't think that this is a dam problem. This is a dam problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfW5MqT7CSA And yes, they're trying to fix the dam problem.

However, did you try to completely flash it? Did you try deleting all your desktop widgets (maybe its a widget crashing)?
Haha! sorry for the lame spelling, i was using my phone earlier so yeah. Anyways, Yes! i flashed it 3 times.

Tags
bada rox, dam problem, dam trolling, facepalm