Hi I use alot of FM transmitter while im out and about in the car travelling and everytime i connect my N900 to car charger the FM Transmiter loses quality and i get alot of interference and audio quality drops to almost non listenable but if i reboot my N900 while its connected to charger it gets ok again. Is there any way this can be improved and so i dont have to keep rebooting! specially when i have to get out of car and switch off the engine and when i get back in and connect to charger it goes crappy again! so another reboot again! i already have FM boost installed as well!

What car charger are you using?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:
just a normal one i brought off ebay! it charges fine!

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
The problem is that for some reason the FM transmitter is programmed to reduce its transmit power when the N900 is charging. There is a script called "fm boost" which increases the transmitter power even above the default level, but it is a pain to use since you have to run it every time you want to boost the transmitter power. Or alternatively you can install a modified FM transmitter daemon which is modified to unlock the full range of transmitter frequencies, but also sets the transmit power to max by default and doesn't reduce it when charging.