O.K. It is annoying enough that the damn phone is constantly winding up with a re-arranged desktop with randomly deleted items when I forgot to lock it before putting it in the case, but now it's gone and really pissed me off... somehow or other, on Friday morning, after I answered the phone half asleep and set it down, that damn thing wound up activating a passcode lock. Which is not the default 12345, nor it is anything I've ever used apparently.

How in the hell can I bypass this? I can't even back up the phone now, because it is defaulting to USB mode. In fact, I'm not even getting phone calls at this point, everything is being routed straight to voicemail even though the phone is on and fully charged. WTF?

Even though I'm a Unix/Linux professional, and love the concept of a truly open source phone OS and a phone that encourages you to become "root", I can't deal this; my business lives and dies with my damn phone. I'm seriously thinking about just writing this off and getting a damn iPhone 4 from Verizon.

Please help. Everything I've seen today presumes that you already can access the phone and need to recover a lost lock code, not that you're locked out of the phone and need to get back in... while my address book is backed up in multiple places, I really don't want to lose my recent text message archive, or the notes, etc.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ finland

Re: antezz

Uh. Hello. I just said I'M LOCKED OUT OF THE PHONE. See last paragraph. The linked instructions are non-operative. That's why I'm posting to see if there's another solution (other than re-flashing the phone).

Last edited by tvleavitt; 2011-03-14 at 07:28.

Re: theJ80

So, there's no option but to re-flash the phone? Doesn't that essentially wipe the phone and all the data not on the memory card? Isn't there no way to avoid this? Can I boot the phone from an external memory card? I have my wife'sN900 phone to use as a test case.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ finland
http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?searchid=9956980

i think there is no other way.. try looking from the threads in the above link

The Following User Says Thank You to thej80 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
I think you can go to Nokia and and let them unlock it but don't know if they will loose your data or not.

Originally Posted by thej80 View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?searchid=9956980

i think there is no other way.. try looking from the threads in the above link
Sigh. O.K. I was hoping there was some well known workaround. I'm correct in assuming my data is toast if I reflash, right?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
No, if you don't reflash emmc. Your data stays if you only reflash
the rootfs.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
After the re-flash you can then use the backup you kept on your emmc to restore all of your apps. You did keep a backup?