Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtQsO...eature=related
I need to get it, I really do. If it wasn't available, what is the best MeeGo build available? I can only see two builds at MeeGo repository, ~500MB and the ~700MB

Banned | Posts: 78 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2010
C'mon, why do I always never get a reply?

the forum is mostly empty on sundays.

as far as builds go i dont know.

but isnt it coming out next month according to their schedule thing? or at least rc.

they also have those weekly builds, so one could imagine that their newest build would be the best build.

right here

http://wiki.meego.com/Release_Engineering/Plans/1.2

Last edited by roger_27; 2011-03-20 at 15:12.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
no one for users...

and devs know by themselves whats the "best" one...

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
You don't get a reply because the Maemo, and to some degree all Linux, community, is filled with developers with limited time to post help for people. It therefore ends up being the case that the amount of help you get is directly proportional to how much work you indicate you did yourself and how little time explaining the problem for you is, ane inversely proportional to how needy, entitled, or spoiled a post comes off.

Let's be honest here: Why do you NEED a MeeGo build? Do lives depend on it? Is someone raping one of your loved ones while pointing a gun at your head yelling "Put the latest stable build of MeeGo on your N900 now!!!" ? No? Does a barely stable, slow, incomplete phone OS give you some crucial feature that you absolutely cannot live without? Doubt it.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/builds/1.1/ is the only I know of

also better ask this question on meego.com forum or on IRC freenode.net #meego-arm

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
You don't get a reply because the Maemo, and to some degree all Linux, community, is filled with developers with limited time to post help for people. It therefore ends up being the case that the amount of help you get is directly proportional to how much work you indicate you did yourself and how little time explaining the problem for you is, ane inversely proportional to how needy, entitled, or spoiled a post comes off.

Let's be honest here: Why do you NEED a MeeGo build? Do lives depend on it? Is someone raping one of your loved ones while pointing a gun at your head yelling "Put the latest stable build of MeeGo on your N900 now!!!" ? No? Does a barely stable, slow, incomplete phone OS give you some crucial feature that you absolutely cannot live without? Doubt it.
lol your comment abit harsh bro... chill

The Following User Says Thank You to bujingai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
Maybe cause you're late to the party and most of n900 owners have jumped ship and those who are still active here are the geeks who still want to squeeze something out of a dead fish. .
Unfortunately I feel like this is true. We're open source but we've long since lost admiration. We're getting a slow but steady trickle of apps and features. I'm not saying they're bad, just saying everyone's at the android/iOS party and Nokia abandoned us a long long time ago and they're not giving us the ability to take everything into our own hands. Source code for things like the mail client, drivers, etc, we could be something amazing.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by XxJacobxX View Post
C'mon, why do I always never get a reply?
The reasons you've been given are seriously inaccurate.

The real reason is that it has been stated over and over that the current versions of Meego are not intended for normal use.

The fact that you can even ask the same question again shows that you haven't been paying attention at all.

People get so tired of answering the same questions over and over.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
lol you guys went waaaaaay off-topic, all the OP was asking is which is the best MeeGo build..

To the OP:

I would first check everything in this page: http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/Handse...eport/MeeGo1.1

then when you find the best build, download that..

But I would personally wait for at least next month to check out the DevEdition of MeeGo, which should be pretty much "polished"...

Last edited by bandora; 2011-03-21 at 20:11. Reason: Had the wrong link posted..