Active Topics

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Hi this is a FYI post.

I have had this problem 3 times and its kinda anoying.

See also this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=26223
It might be others.

Suddenly the phone touch screen response is erratic, feels like a "bug" no response, bad response, wrong and erratic response with fingers and stylus. I have been fooled by this 3 times. It’s the screen protector, I have no explanation, but it is. Why I know. I have reflashed and reinstalled the phone these 3 times, because nothing about the screen protector seemed wrong. After reflash, reinstall of apps and backups, same problem. Change screen protector, problem solved. I have also tried to recalibrate screen while this problem persisted. Felt like it helped for a few minutes, but that’s it.

I hope this might help someone.

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Because the screen protector was either too thick and/or built up a resistance after usage from greasy fingers which would give the resulting symptoms.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Yea, it's a strange thing! happened to me once, nearly went and bought a new screen! I put a pic up here:-

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...590#post898590

The Following User Says Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Your conclusion is correct, screen protector being too thick which causes weirdness like scrolling down to scroll up instead.

Same problem for me, only I actually did buy a new touch pad before I figured it out.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
hi all,
for two weeks my touchscreen acts as described by OP. I have installed a exim screenprotector since I got my N900 back in february 2010. Is it possible that my screenprotector material has changed?