Notices

I find it very difficult to browse websites with a bluetooth keyboard and no mouse, but as most of us know, microB doesn't interact well with pointer devices, due to it expecting some sort of pressure value input as that which the touchscreen provides, which, obviously, a mouse will not provide.

So, after searching a bit, I found a hack which would allow for mouse interaction on fennec, but still, fennec's mouse UI doesn't registter right-clicks, and the mouse wheel translates as zoom in/out, instead of scrolling. No middle button press, as well.

Tried chromium, too... It doesn't register mouse input outside of the tabs bar.

Due to speed-related issues, as in, Firefox Mobile gets truly slow, I'd much rather have chromium or microB working with a mouse... But in case that isn't possible, is there a way to fix mouse behaviour back to desktop standards in Fennec?

I'd appreciate any input.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Are you saying you are trying to use
the n900 as a bluetooth device for your laptop? What applicaton are you using for that?

I'm afraid you misunderstood; I'm using a bluetooth mouse in the N900 itself. Search for "extmou" and you'll find a thread on the package used to enable bluetooth mice use on the N900.

Bumping. Help the maemo community get a browsing experience that blows a desktop away.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by number41 View Post
Bumping. Help the maemo community get a browsing experience that blows a desktop away.
No phone will blow a desktop away.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66594

Haven't tested but it should sufficiently work.

While that browser sure has a very promising future ahead of itself, should it ever be further developed, it's still an quite alpha build, more like a demonstration of its capabilities than an actual finished program; it's still very rough around the edges... microB can open, say, 20 wikipedia articles with ease, and QtMWeb, while very much capable of handling multiple tabs, will take quite a performance hit with about 4 tabs open, to the point where it has trouble switching tabs or interacting with the current tab.

QtMWeb still needs development time, or a development team; as its author mentioned, it's no one man job.

I'd guess our best bet would be to modify a current browser for mouse operations; chromium seemed like a good choice.

( Still... Should you want to try QtMWeb out, go ahead, and bump that thread, by the way... If enough users should interest, maybe a few devs should get interested in that project.

It's quite a good browser, even in its current state... It supports portrait mode, open tabs in the background, as it should, but has a lot of missing features, and crashes occasionaly. )

Back on topic... C'mon, maemo.org... Let's try to get a mouse working on our browsers, it already does so everywhere else...!

Ps.: Heck, I'm gonna e-mail the mozilla devs and see if they can help modifying mozilla's mouse behaviour back to the desktop standard.