Reply
Thread Tools
Helmuth's Avatar
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,337 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
#101
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
I thought renaming it only for the logo..
Rename it only for the logo?
Sorry, don't want to be the killjoy. But this will also spread confusion.

Keep running with the Logo from Post #93. We're unable to follow the space requirements, yes. But I would say those are only regarding Devices, Packages and Flyer. In our Advertising Logo the "MeeGo" is more a part of the Text. And who will expect to write MeeGo only with the space from the design rules inside a Text.

Otherwise my Post will look a lot different if I have to let more space before and after the word MeeGo.

Last edited by Helmuth; 04-03-2011 at 04:18 PM.
 
zehjotkah's Avatar
Posts: 2,368 | Thanked: 3,747 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
#102
Okay. Question: Do you really think there will be confusion among developers if we name it "maemo.org presents MeeGo Coding Competition 2011"?
Also we stated clearly in the wiki that the submitted apps just have to run on any official maemo or MeeGo build.

Donation update:
50€ from kojacker

Submission site update: It will be up and running *latest* on friday.

Last edited by zehjotkah; 04-04-2011 at 04:44 AM.
 

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Helmuth's Avatar
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,337 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
#103
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Okay. Question: Do you really think there will be confusion among developers if we name it "maemo.org presents MeeGo Coding Competition 2011"?
Hmm... okay. Thats a argument.
It's not easy to avoid any kind of confusion. Hmm...
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
zehjotkah's Avatar
Posts: 2,368 | Thanked: 3,747 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
#104
Donation update:
10€ from marxian

Thanks to all donators btw!

Last edited by zehjotkah; 04-04-2011 at 11:26 AM.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
#105
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
marxian
Is this his tmo account username?
You wrote marxian, but it leads to a user with username sison.
marxian is http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=44304
The first id is 4430 while the correct is 44304. Probably copy/paste problem.
__________________
Demine
PeQersi
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
zehjotkah's Avatar
Posts: 2,368 | Thanked: 3,747 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
#106
Originally Posted by mmlado View Post
Is this his tmo account username?
You wrote marxian, but it leads to a user with username sison.
marxian is http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=44304
The first id is 4430 while the correct is 44304. Probably copy/paste problem.
fixed!

......
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
helex's Avatar
Posts: 542 | Thanked: 801 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
#107
Am I the first?!

Have I to do something else, zehjotkah?

I mean, except to keep going, learning and develop the application...
__________________
I was a Qt Ambassador!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
zehjotkah's Avatar
Posts: 2,368 | Thanked: 3,747 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
#108
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Have I to do something else, zehjotkah?
We will launch the site where you can submit your app, screenshots and the description on friday. Sorry for the delay, it should have been up and running earlier, but the guy developing the site had to travel last week.
The problem with the wiki is that everyone is able to change it. There is no problem in changing some FAQs or something like that. But there is a problem in changing descriptions or download links from the competitiors... Not that anyone would do that... But hey, nobody would call all (maemo-unrelated-) friends to vote for the app neither, right?

Last edited by zehjotkah; 04-06-2011 at 04:04 PM.
 

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,456 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
#109
Btw. Is there any post FAQ on what did you guys learn from last competition and what are you going to do differently (better)?
__________________
TMO links: [iSpy] - [Power search] - [Most thanked] - [Cordia - Maemo5 UI on top MeeGo Core] - [CommunitySSU]

Last edited by slender; 04-07-2011 at 04:26 PM.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Texrat's Avatar
Posts: 11,697 | Thanked: 9,993 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
#110
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Rename it only for the logo?
Sorry, don't want to be the killjoy. But this will also spread confusion.

Keep running with the Logo from Post #93. We're unable to follow the space requirements, yes. But I would say those are only regarding Devices, Packages and Flyer. In our Advertising Logo the "MeeGo" is more a part of the Text. And who will expect to write MeeGo only with the space from the design rules inside a Text.

Otherwise my Post will look a lot different if I have to let more space before and after the word MeeGo.
There are various things that can be done here. The MeeGo character (Meegon) can be reduced in size. The year (2011) could be reduced. A sans serif font could (and should, actually) replace serif. "Competition" could become "Contest" for the sake of the banner's clarity. Outlining could be reduced or eliminated and replaced with shadow or glow.

If you like, I can work something up that takes your idea as a start and incorporates needs and suggestions.
__________________
Nokia Developer Ambassador/Champion
Different <> Wrong | Listen - Judgment = Progress | People + Trust = Success
My professional blog: http://post404.com
My personal site: http://texrat.net

Last edited by Texrat; 04-07-2011 at 04:26 PM.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.