Hi all, I have been seriously happy with the N900 for like 18 months now and loved every minute of it. I have just had a call from TMo UK to say that im due an upgrage. Trouble is i'm out of touch on other handsets as not looked into any as been smitten with N900. Are there any out there offering the same as the N900 if not better? I got used to the hardware keyboard and the fact that I can switch programs easily. with multitasking. The T-mo rep said look at HTC Desire HD, LG Optimus 1, Sony Ericsson X10 and last but not least the Galaxy S.

I use the N900 to run my website, check orders online etc, I also obviously message through MSN and use Xchange servers for email.

Any help or guidance would be excellent thank you

Originally Posted by pwannell View Post
Hi all, I have been seriously happy with the N900 for like 18 months now and loved every minute of it. I have just had a call from TMo UK to say that im due an upgrage. Trouble is i'm out of touch on other handsets as not looked into any as been smitten with N900. Are there any out there offering the same as the N900 if not better? I got used to the hardware keyboard and the fact that I can switch programs easily. with multitasking. The T-mo rep said look at HTC Desire HD, LG Optimus 1, Sony Ericsson X10 and last but not least the Galaxy S.

I use the N900 to run my website, check orders online etc, I also obviously message through MSN and use Xchange servers for email.

Any help or guidance would be excellent thank you
In a word no. Every time I think about changing phones from my N900 I start looking at everything it can do and comparing it to other phones. Some might be faster, some have bigger screens but NONE of them does EVERYTHING the N900 does. Also I have recently started sketching again and they can have my pressure sensitive screen when they pry it from my cold dead hands... same goes with my command line.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
you could try what I did with 3...ask them how much the upgrade is worth and then tell them to take it off your monthly bills spread over a 1 year contract as you are happy with your phone. They were very happy to do this for me. If not ask for your PAC (or is it PUC, I always get them mixed up) and say you'll go sim only with another company, believe me, they'll agree and if not you'll get a great sim only deal elsewhere.

Next year there may be something better than the N900, but I doubt it
Dan

Last edited by Dancairo; 2011-04-04 at 22:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
you could try what I did with 3...ask them how much the upgrade is worth and then tell them to take it off your monthly bills spread over a 1 year contract as you are happy with your phone. They were very happy to do this for me. If not ask for your PAC (or is it PUC, I always get them mixed up) and say you'll go sim only with another company, believe me, they'll agree and if not you'll get a great sim only deal elsewhere.

Next year there may be something better than the N900, but I doubt it
Dan
On the subject of 3,

how have you found your time with them? I do love this company. I think the signal service on the whole is great. The My3 webpage is pretty fantastic. Service from this company is excellent and I would recommend them to anyone.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Same boat as you. Nothing is like the N900. I was waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S2 but talked myself out of it. Temptation is a bad thing. Stay away from android for as long as you can.

Oh, that's upsetting I have just spent the last two hours looking at new phones and was warming to the sg2. Why do you say to stay away.....thing I hate is that google will know ur every move.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Same boat as you. Nothing is like the N900. I was waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S2 but talked myself out of it. Temptation is a bad thing. Stay away from android for as long as you can.
You're not wrong there...
http://phandroid.com/2011/04/04/deve...one-who-roots/

which eventually leads to here...
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/a...html#post65013

Last edited by mrsellout; 2011-04-04 at 23:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Just got myself a nexus s and I'm impressed so far. My n900 is in for it's last repair before it runs out of warranty. I have no intention of getting rid of my n900 as it is in a class of it's own but it is nice to have a new toy. I tried an n8 for a few weeks and was appalled with how bad it is. Got the nexus because it will be the first to receive android updates. Really missing stellarium though.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
get a iphone it works unlike these wannabe phones

Very interesting read ty. One thing I will say is ps3break.....how many years did Sony say their boot loader was infallible? I also think that uk law will prevent data firms from controlling devices on their networks like that unless contracts change and we lease, not BUY our own phones. Sad thing is that I love Linux, Linux is open, how can google build on an open platform, get the head start from user feedback and mods then close the system. Something wrong in the Linux user licence there me thinks.

Tags
iphone rules