I'm having trouble with the N900 detecting my laptop's Ad-Hoc network everywhere, once I log to it. It not only doesn't detect signal strength for the network, but even if I leave the laptop's vicinity, it keeps detecting said internet connection, and worst, will even log on to it, no matter if the network is present or not.

Is there a way to fix this? I tried searching the forums and endend up with zip.

Last edited by number41; 2011-04-09 at 02:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to number41 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
Originally Posted by number41 View Post
I'm having trouble with the N900 detecting my laptop's Ad-Hoc network everywhere, once I log to it. It not only doesn't detect signal strength for the network, but even if I leave the laptop's vicinity, it keeps detecting said internet connection, and worst, will even log on to it, no matter if the network is present or not.

Is there a way to fix this? I tried searching the forums and endend up with zip.
u prolly have to go to settings. find internet connections, click on connections and delet or edit laptop's ad-hoc network. gd luck

This happens to me too with ad-hoc but I've never seen it trying to auto connect to it but as you said it does if I choose to manually, even when out of range.