Active Topics

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Lately I've started to use Skype on my N900 because my computer's microphone-jacks don't work. (Documented. Could be incomaptibility with the motherboard in Linux.)
It worked fine for a long time, but 2 days ago the sound from the microphone turned noisy. It makes it hard to hear what's being said, and it also repeats old sounds. (5 or more secs delay between original and echo.)
Has anyone else encountered this issue? And is there anything I can do to fix it?
I really want to use Skype.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Unrelated to your skype problem, but on your Linux PC, if you're using ALSA with an HD-audio chipset be sure to read Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt in the kernel sources, you might need to specify the model/jacks configuration for your motherboard in order for all ports to function. Also try everything in alsamixer from a shell prompt because it can be tricky to get the proper input going.

If you're not using hda then I dunno

I don't use Skype so I can't help with that one, sorry.

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Nonono... Im not talking about the computer's microphone. xD
I just tried to avoid people suggesting to use it.
It occurs on my N900.
Recording with the Recording app works fine and noise-free, so I suspect Skype's servers or maybe the client itself.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
Originally Posted by kitty1224 View Post
Golf Menu

In 1952, Ben Hogan once advised there should have a feast for golf Champion as it is time to enjoy the Golf Paradise, it should be a feast that for every US Master, and the golf champion menu should be make by the last year’s champion. This year, the menu should be designed by Phil Michelson. Do you want to know the Menu?
And this has a connection to a Skype sound issue how....?

/oxpo

Tags
bada rox