okay so this is what happened...i was trying to delete a file from my "downloads" folder when my n900 got stuck and accidently instead of that single file...the whole Downloads folder got deleted. there where a lot of pictures and movies in that folder which i would like to get back if possible. Is there any way to like undo delete?? help please

as far as i know you cannot do anything to restore the lost file from your n900, but you can try to connect ur n900 to PC as mass drive and try to recover the files with any good recovery program

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingofsorrow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by kingofsorrow View Post
as far as i know you cannot do anything to restore the lost file from your n900, but you can try to connect ur n900 to PC as mass drive and try to recover the files with any good recovery program
+1 for this answer.
The FAT file system deletion is not a secure delete. Recovery is possible if you have not added data. Shut off your phone immediately and connect in mass storage mode. Use a good recovery tool and you should get most of your data back.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
If you're using Windoze, this is a good file recovery tool:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/recuva.html

Use it myself.

There's also Photorec which is also available in the repos. I think though, that you'd have to run it from a PC with your N900 connected as mass storage unless your downloaded files were on a card instead of internal memory....

thanks that worked!