Active Topics

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
Hi all,

I've had an N900 for a little more then a year, and my usb finally broke and fell out. I am devastated and I'm not sure what I can do to salvage the situation. I'm in the NYC area, does anyone a good cell phone repair service? Or perhaps how much a repair would cost? has anyone done a DIY repair?

Thanks

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by jmc8501 View Post
Hi all,

I've had an N900 for a little more then a year, and my usb finally broke and fell out. I am devastated and I'm not sure what I can do to salvage the situation. I'm in the NYC area, does anyone a good cell phone repair service? Or perhaps how much a repair would cost? has anyone done a DIY repair?

Thanks
Do you never do a search on this forum?, it is covered by warranty.

Did you read his post? The topic says post warranty, so his warranty expired already.

That said, I'd try whine at Nokia Care anyway. Their repair policies seem to be so random one wonders if they care about warranty or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think I saw some repairer listed in this thread somewhere.

My warranty ended after one week, but if this ever happens to me I will try Nokia first. This defect is so basic and so common I think some courts might find there is an automatic extension of the warranty period.

Same situation here. I chose to send my n900 to Palco repairs. They were listed on nokia's site as a repair center. It is $76 for a repair and shipping. I noticed that they also do the repairs for Nokia if your phone is under warranty so I figure they are legit.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Did you read his post? The topic says post warranty, so his warranty expired already.

That said, I'd try whine at Nokia Care anyway. Their repair policies seem to be so random one wonders if they care about warranty or not.
WRONG it has NOT expired for the case of a design fault so i strongly suggest the OP goes to the famous USB thread and get the help he needs to arm himself taking it back to Nokia.

I don't remember seeing anywhere anyone from Nokia saying there'll be a warranty extension for the usb port...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I wonder where abil_uk got his law degree? Anyway, I don't think Nokia has specifically announced they were extending the warranty period for the usb problem -- but I haven't heard otherwise, either. Probably the exact situation is different depending on the laws in the country where you bought the N900.

@geneven what is the color of the sky

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Isn't the warranty 2 years?
________
Paigesplace cam

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:53.