Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
i dont know if someone is facing the same problem .
when i tap the screen to click the x mark to close any application i feel the lcd being tapped too.
like as if there is a space underneath the top right corner .
to confirm , i tapped these two marked corners and the i felt the tap again .
tried it with keyboard open then felt it on the bottom left corner.

i hope i have elaborated my problem atleast in a way that it could be understood as it is not my mother language :$

the only solution came into my mind is to go through the disassembly video which i really dont want to check .
my phone is under warranty still .

need your suggestions/guidance :$
Attached Images

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
What is your concern or what exactly are you worried about? Is there a space that opens up by the bezel, the metal ring around the screen where nokia is printed? Does the lcd change colors? If you press hard enough in the center the color of the screen will change just as when you put pressure on any lcd screen

Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
What is your concern or what exactly are you worried about? Is there a space that opens up by the bezel, the metal ring around the screen where nokia is printed? Does the lcd change colors? If you press hard enough in the center the color of the screen will change just as when you put pressure on any lcd screen
oppss..
my mistake , i should have gone in more detail.
nothing as above mentioned , it's like it irritates me everytime i press x mark to close any application and the screen too gets press with it .
i know as lcd slides up and down so it has some space in between keyboard and lcd by default but its something else.
when i first touched my cell on the very first day it was perfect like there were no lcd presses .
i think after i dropped my cell (on carpet) i am facing this problem.
if still i am not on the track just let me know then :$

Last edited by eefo; 2011-05-16 at 05:08.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Mine moves a little, moreso since I started using the Brodit active car mount which squeezes the holder between the keyboard and screen. It's not really noticeable though unless I am specifically looking for it...

Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Mine moves a little, moreso since I started using the Brodit active car mount which squeezes the holder between the keyboard and screen. It's not really noticeable though unless I am specifically looking for it...
i ignored as well .
but i have to press the x mark all the time and it's out of my control to ignore it everytime :$

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
It's just because it's a resistive touch screen. Just a cover over the top. Been this way for years, years and more years!

Edit: Are you sure it's not just the vibration the phone makes when you touch the screen?

Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
It's just because it's a resistive touch screen. Just a cover over the top. Been this way for years, years and more years!

Edit: Are you sure it's not just the vibration the phone makes when you touch the screen?
touch screen vibration is off from the starting as i do texting alot and texting with vibration on will eat up battery quickly .

ok here is another way .
when i press on the left side of the engraved nokia nothing happens but when i press on the right side of written N900 it feels different as if you are pressing a button .

it is likeee the top corner portion touches underneath surface when i click the x mark to close the application .

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
To understand that right:
You complain about the slider moving when touching the screen?!
Or is the actual screen mount moving when tapping?

My cover is loose a bit and does "click" on the metal bar when tapping top screen menubar. Reminds me of tightening up those screws.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
To understand that right:
You complain about the slider moving when touching the screen?!
Or is the actual screen mount moving when tapping?

My cover is loose a bit and does "click" on the metal bar when tapping top screen menubar. Reminds me of tightening up those screws.
the first one .
thanks for making words for my problem

Last edited by eefo; 2011-05-16 at 10:33.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
You may try to "tighten" up the screws of your screen's back.
If you think you may harm it just ask in a phone repair shop if they have a short look at it for you. (I think it is not a big deal to do it myself but that is me, reassembled the device at least 5 times)
The slider part itself is quiet cheap spare parts as it might got borked already and the screen back isn't loose but the mount itself (need to open screen back to replace be careful with ESD

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post: