Active Topics

hi..............
i have n900 phone and suddenly my mass storage doesn't work and my n900 show a message it mean mass storage not support and all application like camera doesn't work coz there isn't memory .. what can i do plz ???

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Most of these cases are, that a bad disconnect from your PC leads to a corrupted file-system. You need rootsh from extras repository installed through your application manager for this to work:
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs
The second command should give you an error, you might neglect.
Feel free to ask if more errors show up.

Hi 1st thanks for ur answer but really i didn't understand! !! I installed rootsh after that i write that orders or what and when i wrote it press enter or write all of it then press enter plz explain it coz it make me feel suck .. Thanks anyway

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
you press enter at each line

Good morning. ...
I tried to do that commands but nothing change !! Still my file mannager without any files or folders ...any body have another solution ,,, plz

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Liverpool, England
Originally Posted by twister5 View Post
Good morning. ...
I tried to do that commands but nothing change !! Still my file mannager without any files or folders ...any body have another solution ,,, plz

hey twister5 i had this happen to me 2 weeks ago just type each line in xterm NOT SUDO GAINROOT then press enter

Code:
root

umount /dev/mmcblk0p1

fsck.vfat -a
leave it for ages mine was stuck tunkcating 0 bytes for 5 hours i had to keep it on charge then reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to poogash For This Useful Post:
Really i do what u say but how ? How i can write this commands without press enter after each line ? And about (mmcblk0p1) alpha L like num 1 so clear it ..

Sorry for being so late, busy week...
After you installed rootsh, open X-Terminal application. After each line of code hit the enter button.
Become root by typing either
Code:
root
or
Code:
sudo gainroot
To be sure nothing is mounted type
Code:
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
Note: This is spelled MMCBLK0P1 but each letter is written small, also note: there might be an error, which is however fine.

After being sure the partition is not mounted, perform the actual file-system check by typing
Code:
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
If strange output arises new questions feel free to ask here.

If no further errors occur, mount the partition
Code:
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/MyDocs
Hope it helps!

I do what u said but nothing change the same problem! !!!!!! Do u have another solution like do software or something else

Was there any error message in X-Terminal?
Did you try to reboot the phone?
Is there anything of value that you need to recover, or would 'just' a fresh new file system could make your day???