I don't know if there's existing version so I wonder if I could design one but I have no experience on such thing. Anyone can share your experience about the horn part? A precise sketch would be very nice, also the stand if you have any idea. I'll upload the 3D model somewhere so you can order the print anywhere eg. Shapeways. May be I can make 2-3 designs that suite your best preferences.

I attached a basic design image to describe the idea.

Edit: I am currently extremely busy right now will get back to this ASAP hopefully by next week.
Attached Images

Last edited by object; 2011-06-02 at 02:24.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to object For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
I don't think n900 is mainstream enough to have such accesory... besides, the n900 phones are not the best, I think you would be better with a bluetooth minisystem or even just pluging the n900 to that with the earplug...

@Temporal, it's mainstream enough so I want to build one by myself. Just model it in 3D application and send it to print to plastic. It isn't an electronic device just the whole piece of plastic.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Is this serious? It looks so... hipster. How do these things sound? Are the acoustics better? You've made me so intrigued now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horn_%28acoustic%29
That's all I got so far

Not sure about the material, may be I can make a model that the horns can be tilted up/down by assembling two printed materials to make the total cost cheaper in case that the horn will be better in metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to object For This Useful Post:
When I'm cooking or doing dishes, I like to put my N900 in a large salad bowl... it amplifies well enough that I can hear my podcasts/music/online radio over the faucet or stove top!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tushyd For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by object View Post
I don't know if there's existing version (...)

I attached a basic design image to describe the idea.

Love the idea. In my case, I'll use audio out and tubes to amp.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to cct For This Useful Post:
Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
I thought you were holding it over an enormous toilet. Slightly disappointed now. How does it sound? Does it lose quality?

The Following User Says Thank You to Captwheeto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Nice idea, but with uncrippled PulseAudio we could stream the audio from our N900's to our sound systems over WLAN

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post: