Notices

Anyone???

Any way to change the threshold?

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
I have latest CSSU and used GPS today with no problems at all. Sygic was reporting junctions just before and as I got to them as expected.

Originally Posted by dimbert View Post
Anyone???

Any way to change the threshold?
No, as it's part of the binary only liblocation, and in any case my suggestion is only an assumption, you'd do well to investigate it before you spend time with a hex editor.

In any case liblocation hasn't been changed in CSSU, so this explanation isn't something specific to CSSU.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
I have to admit that even after aplying the clear-gps-cache patch I still have difficulties in using GPS apps because it takes a LOT of time to get a fix.

Until a couple of weeks ago I'd get a instant fix even indoors. I remember checking in from clubs where even cellular signal is weak, but because of AGPS working properly I would get a GPS-fix.

Nowadays, I have problems even OUTSIDE.

It might not be related to the CSSU, but it seems to be affecting a lot of N900 users. I tried with other NOKIA phones and they have no problems whatsoever. So, the question is, did the AGPS recently develop a problem on our N900??!

Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
I have to admit that even after aplying the clear-gps-cache patch I still have difficulties in using GPS apps because it takes a LOT of time to get a fix.

Until a couple of weeks ago I'd get a instant fix even indoors. I remember checking in from clubs where even cellular signal is weak, but because of AGPS working properly I would get a GPS-fix.

Nowadays, I have problems even OUTSIDE.

It might not be related to the CSSU, but it seems to be affecting a lot of N900 users. I tried with other NOKIA phones and they have no problems whatsoever. So, the question is, did the AGPS recently develop a problem on our N900??!
Well I'm not sure about what's going one... I'll try to reflash and just install Sygic... Let's see if works... If not a presume that can be a hardware problem

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
I can't believe that all our N900's developed a HW problem simultaneous. For me it's obvious there's a problem with supl.nokia.com, A-GPS or the GPS Cache on our devices.

I never had any GPS-fix problems until a couple of weeks ago. Again, I used to get a GPS-fix almost instantly ! I can't understand how this can change all of the sudden?! And only on the N900. Any other NOKIA GPS device gets the fix like my N900 used to.

Now, I'm using the Location Test application to see what's going on, and the app reports at least 6-7 satellites in view but none in use! Why doesn't the AGPS help connect faster like it did before?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Looks like I ran also this. Updated CSSU yesterday, got one GPS fix and after that no fix at all. Clearing cache didn't help.

Antti

Last edited by crope; 2011-06-30 at 09:09.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by crope View Post
Looks like I ran also this. Updated CSSU yesterday, got one GPS fix and after that no fix at all. Clearing cache didn't help.
GPS started working, but it is not clear which was fix, or was whole problem something like black magic. Many hours of mountain biking and running car without any lose of GPS fix. Just like it should be.

I followed geojoking instructions from this thread.

1. I cleared cache many times using app from bug 7026.
2. Left GPSData app running background whole night.

I've got the same problem...
GPS without network positioning catches fix after couple minutes, with network positioning catches faster, but location is incorrect.
It shows aprox 100-500 meters away from real destination.
Same case in supl.nokia.com and supl.google.com at open space...

I've got N900 with latest CSSU, overclocked 250-1000

Any ideas?

Just installed location test gui and it worked.

[URL="http://repository.maemo.org/pool/maemo5.0/non-free/l/location-test-gui/location-test-gui_0.92-1+0m5_armel.deb"]