Alright guys,

Well it would seem my N900 is dead.

I received a phone call, answered fine, was talking away...

All of a sudden it just started vibrating vigarously, screen went black and then just went off.

Now it does nothing at all 100% dead.

No lights, no charge - Compleatly dead.

Can't get it warrentied (tried already)

because i am fed up of reinstalling and reinstalling apps everytime its died on me(this is my 3rd n900) What would you guys recommend i get next?

I am thinking android, but with a keyboard...Not lets not go Desire Z (hear too many bad things about them)

Craig

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
3 n900? What did you do with them? Power kernel+5000mhz on dying profile?!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
galaxy s2 and install swype

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
I'm going for a Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro once it's released, though it has a smaller screen(3"), it does have a keyboard. Unfortunately it has a capacitive screen, but painting on such a small screen wouldn't make sense anyway.

@Temporal: One died because of my stupidity in flashing, second was sent back because of the USB port and this one for some unknown random reason...Not my luck eh?

@stew-b: I wasn't aware the Salaxy s2 had a HW keybord?

it doesnt but looking at videos of swype in action looks like you could type just as fast if not faster when you get the hang of it,i was also looking for a hw keyboard android device but swype may just sway it for me...

Originally Posted by stew-b View Post
it doesnt but looking at videos of swype in action looks like you could type just as fast if not faster when you get the hang of it,i was also looking for a hw keyboard android device but swype may just sway it for me...
Its not just typing.

When i do type i have a tendancy to 'touch type', I just can't get the hand of it on a touch scree,

The other thing is screen space,

Fianlly playing games, i do play a few games and like to have physical buttons and not have my big fingers covering half the screen

Craig

can you still hard reset it?

reflah the the phone and next time use a piece o f software called backup-menu it backs up the n900 root filesytem so when you reflash the phone next time (or flash the phone replacement) you just restore you old system instead starting from scratch so all you apps settings and everything else will be there

The Following User Says Thank You to LTman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
can you still hard reset it?
Cannot do anything, it doesn't even turn on.

No LED when you put it on charge, nothing.

Craig