Active Topics

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
Hello everyone
At first I'll say, that I'm a new member in this community. As you will see, my english is not so good - sorry about that.
Sadly in the german MeeGo-Community (http://meego.de) no one can help me. That's why I'll ask here.

I have a "little" problem with the Qt Creator.
I've installed the version 2.2 on Windows 7 64bit. My problem is, if I add a new project to the Qt Creator and set the target to "Maemo5" then the editor can't find the header-files. They are underlined and in a tooltip is a message that says, that there is no such file or directory.
Therefore it will not give any code-completion.

When I build the project, there are no errors - it works perfectly.

This problem occurs only on the Qt-Libs. For example: in the main.cpp the
Code:
#include <QtGui/QApplication>
is marked as not found.

What could I do? It's not so funny to write code without code-completion.

Edit:
before I forget it: When I remove the Path to the qmake.exe of the Maemo-target and add it again and set my projekt to this new Target then all works ok. But after a restart of QtCreator the same error comes again.

Last edited by ejjoman; 2011-06-16 at 15:29.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ejjoman View Post
Hello everyone
At first I'll say, that I'm a new member in this community. As you will see, my english is not so good - sorry about that.
Sadly in the german MeeGo-Community (http://meego.de) no one can help me. That's why I'll ask here.

I have a "little" problem with the Qt Creator.
I've installed the version 2.2 on Windows 7 64bit. My problem is, if I add a new project to the Qt Creator and set the target to "Maemo5" then the editor can't find the header-files. They are underlined and in a tooltip is a message that says, that there is no such file or directory.
Therefore it will not give any code-completion.

When I build the project, there are no errors - it works perfectly.

This problem occurs only on the Qt-Libs. For example: in the main.cpp the
Code:
#include <QtGui/QApplication>
is marked as not found.

What could I do? It's not so funny to write code without code-completion.

Edit:
before I forget it: When I remove the Path to the qmake.exe of the Maemo-target and add it again and set my projekt to this new Target then all works ok. But after a restart of QtCreator the same error comes again.
Looks like you installed QtCreator only and not SDK?

try this:

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/23/...-2-2-released/

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Looks like you installed QtCreator only and not SDK?

try this:

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/23/...-2-2-released/
Thanks for your reply

No, I have installed the SDK. The compilation works and sometimes the rest works, too. See my edit in my first post.
The app runs on my N900 without any problems... It's only the editor that runs out of "sync"

Last edited by ejjoman; 2011-06-11 at 21:14.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I've been getting this too since the update to 2.2

I try to use pkgconfig, but adding the include paths manually to the .pro file fixes things. Guess the parser isn't looking at the pkgconfig-generated content properly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_jrt View Post
I've been getting this too since the update to 2.2

I try to use pkgconfig, but adding the include paths manually to the .pro file fixes things. Guess the parser isn't looking at the pkgconfig-generated content properly.
Thank you.
Although this is not a great solution, but it seems to work.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post:
I've tried to compile experimental Harmattan project in QtCreator (part of QtSDK) Ubuntu 10.04, and always get error:

Code:
make: Entering directory `/home/mauro/dev/harmattanqt-build-harmattan'
g++ -c -pipe -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -O2 -g -Wno-psabi -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -I/usr/include/applauncherd -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_DECLARATIVE_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/opt/QtSDK/Madde/sysroots/harmattan-nokia-meego-arm-sysroot-1122-slim/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-maemo -I../harmattanqt -I/opt/QtSDK/Madde/sysroots/harmattan-nokia-meego-arm-sysroot-1122-slim/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/opt/QtSDK/Madde/sysroots/harmattan-nokia-meego-arm-sysroot-1122-slim/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/opt/QtSDK/Madde/sysroots/harmattan-nokia-meego-arm-sysroot-1122-slim/usr/include/qt4/QtDeclarative -I/opt/QtSDK/Madde/sysroots/harmattan-nokia-meego-arm-sysroot-1122-slim/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I../harmattanqt -I. -o main.o ../harmattanqt/main.cpp
../harmattanqt/main.cpp:1: fatal error: QtGui/QApplication: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
I realized that g++ has problem with such a long includes paths. So I've had symlinked includes directories to shorter paths. And Madde is compiling again.