We built a currency converter for in pure QML and released it for Symbian 3 ( http://store.ovi.com/content/135126 ). Now we are trying to port it to N900 since we have access to the device and pure QML should be portable. If everything is fine, we'll be ready to quickport to N9 when it is available.
There are, however, a couple of problems we are stuck with.
Hopefully you could help as these seem to be the basic configuration issues
1. How do you specify app title in N900?
Whatever we do, it keeps displaying the package name on top:
2. Package name
Project name used to be mobile-app-currency-converter. Later I changed it to foreign-money-currency-converter (in .desktop file and in the project properties), it still tries to install something to the directory with the old name and fails:
Installing package to sysroot ...
'opt/mobile-app-currency-converter/bin/mobile-app-currency-converter' already in sysroot. Can not install.
Interestingly, the structure of the debian folder in the build directory is different, I fail to understand why it uses this folder name. I tried running qmake and rebuilding everything and removing whole build directory, didn't change anything. Please, help.