Active Topics

Notices

Hello,

I am facing one problem regarding removing of application.

Recently I have installed Advanced interface switcher.
played with it for some time and then removed it.

Also I have installed wifi switcher it is working fine changing the status of wifi shows a popup in the center of the screen.

but after removing the Advanced interface switcher now I get to popup's whenever I disable or enable wifi. one at the center and one at the top of the screen.

can you please let me know how to completely remove the application and its dependencies and its configuration file.

Regards,
Hitesh

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Did you reboot after uninstalling?

Because even though you uninstall an app, it could still be running in memory...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Did you reboot after uninstalling?

Because even though you uninstall an app, it could still be running in memory...
Hello Jedi,

Thank's a ton.

It worked like a charm.

It is so silly that I forgot to reboot the device

Regards,
Hitesh

Hi,

Also I have another issue that I earlier I installed instinctive player tested it and then removed. (after removing I have restarted my device.)

but its folder has not been removed, I think it has not been completely removed.

can you let me know that how to completely remove the application.

Regards,
Hitesh

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by Hitesh View Post
Hi,

Also I have another issue that I earlier I installed instinctive player tested it and then removed. (after removing I have restarted my device.)

but its folder has not been removed, I think it has not been completely removed.

Regards,
Hitesh
My way of doing it would be to re-install it, then
Code:
apt-get purge instinctiv
There might be a better way of doing this without re-installing it first...

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Hi,

Regards,
Hitesh
A lot of programs when imperfectly packaged will leave behind folders. Either empty folders or with configuration data. Just delete them manually if their presense bothers you.

You can also remove programs using "apt-get purge" from the command-line, which is a more "complete" removal of programs than "apt-get remove" (what the app managers use in the background for removal), but that's not always guaranteed to remove everything either, as far as I know. However, if the program is properly packaged, whatever's left will be just folders with config data and the like.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
Hi,

Regards,
Hitesh
if you are referring to user dir then it is kept so that when you install again you do not loose your settings/library. if you want to remove that too, go ahead and delete it.