Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Are there any "windows explorer" like filemanagers aviable or how difficult would it be to make one?

I think it is a little "backwards" to open the program first and then go into a lot of menus to open the file i want.
So it would be nicer if there was a folder-widget i could put on the desktop which would open up a chosen directory in a window with my files in it, and then just tap the file to open it with the right program.
-just as it is done on most desktopcomputers.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
+1
i'd love to see this...
but i think the screen is too small for it.. might jus take up a whole customizable screen to see this in action..

A 5x10 icons grid fullscreen should be easy to use. This shouldn't be that hard to do (in the sense : I could name you 10 people here, who could do this.

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
+1
i'd love to see this...
but i think the screen is too small for it.. might jus take up a whole customizable screen to see this in action..
I was more thinking of a small widget with only the name of the directory visible, and when it was tapped on, it would open up a fullscreen window with all the files in that directory.
-So a screen would be able to hold a whole bunch of selectable directories, and other stuff as usual.

dragndrop filemanagement over several windows would ofcourse be nice, but that would the screen be to small for...

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Install extshortcut and create it yourself! Open filebox in any folder you want or open your favorite side in your browser, or..., or ...

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Guatemala
a widget for filebox wolud be awesome

Originally Posted by haffid View Post
a widget for filebox wolud be awesome
yes precisely. except that the screenestate in filebox isnt so well utilized for a simple tap n run operation.
the 5x10 grid mentioned earlier or a list with several rows would be more useful.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
Are there any "windows explorer" like filemanagers aviable or how difficult would it be to make one?

I think it is a little "backwards" to open the program first and then go into a lot of menus to open the file i want.
So it would be nicer if there was a folder-widget i could put on the desktop which would open up a chosen directory in a window with my files in it, and then just tap the file to open it with the right program.
-just as it is done on most desktopcomputers.
Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but check out Shortcut Stash from my signature. With my widget you have access to all the folders you have under /home/user/MyDocs and you can browse from there on.
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

The Following User Says Thank You to rooster13 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but check out Shortcut Stash from my signature. With my widget you have access to all the folders you have under /home/user/MyDocs and you can browse from there on.
is not the same as I put filebox manager icon on desktop and bookmarked folders on filebox.
maybe is better with more widgets of yours with different categorization.

Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
sorry, your widget solves a completely different probblem.

Ideally: i want to expand the desktops functionality to the same level of productivity as a desktop computer.

But i was thinking of it.. and it doesnt need to include a widget, it could just as well be a configurable desktop-window program with a simple filemanager built into it, optimized for finding and launching files.