Notices

Hi guys!
I installed "Now Playing Notifications" package through the Application Manager but it didn't work.
At the end of the installation N900 reboots. I thought that somethings is wrong and uninstalled it, then installed it again but same thing happens.
Where could be the problem?

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
"At the end of the installation N900 reboots"

So you thought something is wrong and uninstalled it and re-installed it?

Did you even try to open the Media Player to see if the Notifications work? You see, you missed that important piece of information out in your little posting.

Of course I did! When the phone booted up again I played a couple of soungs and nothings happened(no notifications) THEN I uninstall it and install again.

Last edited by nCode; 2011-08-07 at 21:52.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by nCode View Post
Hi guys!
I installed "Now Playing Notifications" package through the Application Manager but it didn't work.
At the end of the installation N900 reboots. I thought that somethings is wrong and uninstalled it, then installed it again but same thing happens.
Where could be the problem?
It might be in your Settings area. Have you looked there? Was it called "Now Playing notification" or "Media IM Status Updater", because when I play music and I happen to be chatting to friends, it will tell them what I am listening to and via what source.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Last edited by MyNokiaN900; 2011-08-07 at 22:35. Reason: thought of something.

You are talking about other software. This is like one of these hildon notifications when you receive email, sms or IM you know, but this notifies the song that you are playing.