Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Petrolina, Brazil
Hello guys, i was just pissed a while ago when i hit the SECURE DEVICE button in my N900 and i didnīt knew the right code. I had to do several reflashings until it dont ask me anymore for a code.
So, i there a way to remove this option??
If yes, is the same process as enable the REBOOT option?

thakns

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
I've not tried it but I presume you just delete the references to lockdevice in the /etc/systemui/systemui.xml file.

Delete everything between:
<menuitem.....powerup_memainmenu_lockdevice....>
and the next
</menuitem>

You'll probably regret not having a lock code one day if you get drunk often, and end up loosing your phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
you got a point, but i want to do something that i can revert!
Thatīs why i mentioned the REBOOT option. Iīm afraid to try it and brick my phone and have to do a reflash.
But thank you so much anyway!

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
just comment it, the same way its done on some other options in the /etc/systemui/systemui.xml file, just add <!-- before and --> after the section that u want removed

The Following User Says Thank You to carlon For This Useful Post:
So you thought you'd reflash instead of looking up the default code, which is 12345?

Originally Posted by trigaum View Post
you got a point, but i want to do something that i can revert!
Thatīs why i mentioned the REBOOT option. Iīm afraid to try it and brick my phone and have to do a reflash.
But thank you so much anyway!
PROCEED WITH CAUTION! If you balls up systemui.xml, you WILL HAVE AN UNBOOTABLE DEVICE!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Soulaxe View Post
So you thought you'd reflash instead of looking up the default code, which is 12345?
i dont remember if i changed lock code before, but none of the codes i could possibly change works, even the 12345 worked.

thanlks for the advice vi_