Active Topics

Hi,
I'm currently developing a small App, which doesn't come as a deb-Package, but is installed via a small script which basically just moves the icon to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon and the *.desktop-file to /usr/share/applications/hildon/ .

Unfortunately the Icon does not appear in the menu, after "installing" the app. The icon is owned by "users root", while the other icons are owned by "root root". Is this important?

Here the .desktop-file:
[Desktop Entry]
Version = 1.0
Name = NewsAgregator
Type = Application
Exec = sh /opt/newsagregator/run.sh
Icon = newsagregator
Thanks for your help,
blck

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I highly recomend you to use deb packages. Learn how to make them and it will make your and other's life easier. But it's your choice.

Anyway try killing hildon-desktop or just reboot. This might fix it. If not double check the name of the icon (Case Sensitive). I've always been using (/opt)/usr/share/pixmaps for my applications. I don't know if it's the right place. Hope you will get the icon working.
Guitar Chords

1st, try reboot (or as suggested above, kill hildon-desktop)
2nd, try move it to /usr/share/icons and see if it works
no, some of my custom icons are owned by "user:root" and they work just fine
(though for another case, I'm just curious why some of them are not scalable, ie. when listed on add widget menu from the desktop,they won't be resized to fit and kept at their original size, but that's another case )

Hi,
turned out, I had a " " (space) behind the filename.

Thanks for your answers (didn't remember the thread )

Blck