Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Hi, new to this forum. Recently bought a N900. Absolutely delighted with it! Pocket Linux with a Cellphone built in as a bonus, great. I use it for streaming music, live radio and television from my server in England to wherever I am in the world. Just what I was looking for. I am a retired mainframe sysprog, still like to meddle with computers. I log on to my server using ssh. I am looking for a way to simplify my logon process. What I want to be able to do is just click on a shortcut that opens X-term & automatically runs my logon script.

Help much appreciated,

Richard.

Posting about same thing, in many threads isn't a way to go, if You really want to get help. Please google for "+questions +smart +way", read it, and try again.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Posting about same thing, in many threads isn't a way to go, if You really want to get help. Please google for "+questions +smart +way", read it, and try again.
Apologies for my error, I duplicated my question because I realised that a posting here in Maemo 5 may be more appropriate. Perhaps I should have deleted my other posting first.

On the other hand, perhaps I should look for a friendlier forum,
no wonder this one is dying....

Originally Posted by macey View Post

On the other hand, perhaps I should look for a friendlier forum,
no wonder this one is dying....
I fell that too, but not because of Estel.

You ill find some noob (Like me), with more willing to help people who will help you in the near feature.

Thanks,
Found the solution:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35858

A really good thread!