I have been facing a strange issue here:

1. At first, all my Contacts started showing up wrong images against them. The pictures are being picked up randomly from my Images folders (images from FB or Gtalk accounts are being overridden).

2. Then, I discovered that all my Chat Accounts have somehow been deleted (not disabled but deleted as if I never configured them)........I had to Add and Enable each one of them all over again

3. Now, Thumbnailerd has started giving problems and everytime I open the Photos app or open any folder with Images, Thumbnailerd gets stuck at 100% and drains my battery completely.

Any help to rectify this would be highly appreciated.....

Thanks in advance.

Regards
AK

Last edited by n900ak; 2011-09-13 at 06:26.

Bump......

Any body there who could help me on this?????

Bump to Top....

Guys I need help, as I am travelling right now am unable to resort to flashing to fix this issue......

Sounds like thumbnailerd has bawked at a broken thumbnail. Install tracker config (tracker-cfg) and use it to delete and rebuild tracker database.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
No need for tracker-cfg.
Just open xterm and enter (as normal user, not root):
tracker-process -r
this will stop tracker and remove all tracker databases.

Nicolai

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Hmm...tried above two but it did not work.....the process still gets stuck at 100% all the time.......

Is there anything else that can be done.....????

well you have a broken picture that is making trackerd spazz the **** out. Remove ALL your photos from the phone and ALL your album artwork. Then try the above again.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
well you have a broken picture that is making trackerd spazz the **** out. Remove ALL your photos from the phone and ALL your album artwork. Then try the above again.
Hmm..That could be the reason, I had transferred a lots of Pics of my college days from my friends comp a few days back...thought will look at those while am travelling...

Will try this and post the results

Thanks for a quick response mate....

I removed all the imgaes and photos from the device and followed the above step....and issue of Thimbnailerd has been resolved.

However, my contact imgaes are all messed up...any idea how to correct those???? I have removed all files in following folders:

/home/user/.osso-abook/avatars/
and
/home/user/.osso-abook/photos/

But it did not help, Any ideas bro....???????