Active Topics

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Norway
Anyone who knows how to change the colour of the clock on the N9 when it's in sleepmode/standbymode?

Would love to make it red because it lights up my whole damn room at night.

Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HaugMedia View Post
Anyone who knows how to change the colour of the clock on the N9 when it's in sleepmode/standbymode?

Would love to make it red because it lights up my whole damn room at night.

Thanks!
Hello.

Edit /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css

and change the color within LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClockLabel,

then reboot N9.

I changed the colour in order to identify my own phone and wife's phone, both black N9 64GBs...

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to DrInk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Doesn't adding colour to the lockscreen drain the battery faster?

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Doesn't adding colour to the lockscreen drain the battery faster?
No, it doesn't. To get white the screen has to light up the R, G and B sections of each pixel. So to get colour it in theory needs to use less power. It is important to note however, that in low power mode the display can only switch each section completely on or off. With those limitations you can have 8 different colours to choose from (including black and white).

The Following User Says Thank You to jubileums For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
you can make the font LIGHT (default) or BOLD, and increase font size to 11mm maybe 12...

edit: bold doesnt look so good though
Attached Images

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-10-30 at 11:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Hi ppl. Im v. new to meego love tis N9. Im at libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css how do i edit it?

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Originally Posted by DrInk View Post
Hello.

Edit /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css

and change the color within LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClockLabel,

then reboot N9.

I changed the colour in order to identify my own phone and wife's phone, both black N9 64GBs...
Does anyone know if I can change the time format using this file? Near the above settings there are settings like time-format with a value of "%R" under ScreenLockClockStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClock.

I use a 24 hour clock and I'd really like it to display 07:30 and 01:31 instead of 7:30 and 1:39, etc.

Last edited by noetus; 2011-11-01 at 03:37.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
no doubt you can... have a look through the file and experiment

Originally Posted by HsHon View Post
Hi ppl. Im v. new to meego love tis N9. Im at libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css how do i edit it?
HsHon, this is how I managed to change the clock color (there's probably a better/quicker technique but whatever):

On you phone, copy the libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css to a folder visible when in USB Mass Storage mode (for example: /home/user/MyDocs/Documents/). I used File Manager to perform this step.

Now, connect your N9 to the computer and navigate to the folder where you copied the css file.

Edit the file using a text editor, not Word :-) I use Notepad++

The line you want to change is line 85 in my file, two lines below: LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClockLabel {

I suggest using basic red(#FF0000) blue(#0000FF) green(#00FF00). I noticed some other colors also work but not all of them.

Once your done editing save the file and eject your device.

On the phone's terminal:

type in:
Code:
devel-su [enter]
You then need to type in your password, default is rootme I believe.
EDIT: I'm not sure this is necessary but I'm not a pro with these user permission things hehe. It works this way and that's enough for me.

We then need to copy the edited file from the "Documents" folder back to the original folder.

type in:
Code:
cd .. [enter]
Code:
cp home/user/MyDocs/Documents/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/ [enter]
Reboot your device. If you don't see the clock anymore it's probably because you chose a non-supported color.

You can edit the file directly on the device in the terminal but I find this technique easier. If anyone has a better way of doing this please let me know. Could we somehow add something in the settings pane for this?

oSCho

Last edited by oSCho; 2011-11-01 at 07:51.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oSCho For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by oSCho View Post
HsHon, this is how I managed to change the clock color (there's probably a better/quicker technique but whatever):

On you phone, copy the libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css to a folder visible when in USB Mass Storage mode (for example: /home/user/MyDocs/Documents/). I used File Manager to perform this step.

Now, connect your N9 to the computer and navigate to the folder where you copied the css file.

Edit the file using a text editor, not Word :-) I use Notepad++

The line you want to change is line 85 in my file, two lines below: LockScreen MLabelStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeClockLabel {

I suggest using basic red(#FF0000) blue(#0000FF) green(#00FF00). I noticed some other colors also work but not all of them.

Once your done editing save the file and eject your device.

On the phone's terminal:

type in:
Code:
devel-su [enter]
You then need to type in your password, default is rootme I believe.
EDIT: I'm not sure this is necessary but I'm not a pro with these user permission things hehe. It works this way and that's enough for me.

We then need to copy the edited file from the "Documents" folder back to the original folder.

type in:
Code:
cd .. [enter]
Code:
cp home/user/MyDocs/Documents/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/ [enter]
Reboot your device. If you don't see the clock anymore it's probably because you chose a non-supported color.

You can edit the file directly on the device in the terminal but I find this technique easier. If anyone has a better way of doing this please let me know. Could we somehow add something in the settings pane for this?

oSCho

Woah thank you. U realli help mi a lot. Erm but when i press cd.. it says not found. Why is this so?