Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
One or two people have reported problems using a mini SIM cut down to micro SIM in the N9 when the mini SIM carried the large format contact area.

This link shows examples of the comparative sizes to illustrate what I'm talking about

In theory it shouldn't matter, as far as I am aware, since the actual electronic contact area remains the same. But can anyone report success with cutting down such a mini SIM for the N9 (rather than examples of success for the iPhone)? I ask because my current mini SIM is of the large format
I am on vacation in the Philippines. I went and bought a sim card from slow arse suntel so I could put it into my N9. They said they don't sell Micro sims for prepaid accounts so I got the card anyways and went upstairs to another place to have them cut it for me using one of those sim card cutters you can get off of amazon or ebay.
After they cut it I tried it and it did not work so i flipped it over and laid it side by side against a globe micro sim that does work in my N9.

You can see the top part is unneeded and so I just cut it off flipped it over and cut it at the end to match the shape of the rest of it and inserted the two pieces into the N9 micro sim tray and it works now

You need to take a knife and scrape along the edges and also along the back side to thin it out and get rid of the burs just to let you know.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ finland
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
I just installed quickbarcontrol app, it seems that my shortcut slot on the shortcut bar is missing one slot. I wonder if i can restore the slot on bar. Sigh
same problem. this is obviously reproduceable.

ovi store comment section is full of people running into that bug.

one might expect the app would be taken off the shop and fixed
before people start taking it personally...

does anybody else have the following issue?:
plug in headphones, start music app, music still comes through loud speakers, re insert headphone (sometimes takes 2 times), and it plays through the headphones.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Denmark
enybody how has tried that the screen bugs. Then you move your finger left it moves fx the app screen up or down?

Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
does anybody else have the following issue?:
plug in headphones, start music app, music still comes through loud speakers, re insert headphone (sometimes takes 2 times), and it plays through the headphones.
Seems like a useable bug for hearing the fmradio from the phone with headphones as antenna

Hello all,

I initially posted a few questions on this site and that was many days ago and I was sad to see no attempt at getting an answer. I had an iPhone 4s and was considering getting the N9 but was concerned about the bluetooth capabilities in regards to a porsche in car communications set up.

Well I pulled the trigger. I bought the N9 and my plan was to use it a couple days and then either return my 4S and stay contract free or sell the N9 on ebay. Well I went as far as putting the N9 on ebay and got many offers but in the end I could not part with the Nokia. The reasons for hesitation were due to the N9 NOT being as smooth as the 4S. The camera is on the N9 is not nearly as good as on the 4S and the browsing is also not as good BUT the N9 has class. It offers a sophistication that simply can't be had by a mass market device such as iPhone. I love typing on it, the feel is so uniques and nothing like I have ever had before in a mobile phone.

For anyone that cares the bluetooth DOES support phonebook transfer. Now that I have this great piece I have a few question that I hope can be answered. For onething I notice a great deal of lag in having the ability to enter text into a return message. What I am saying is that its sometimes takes a while to get the phone to respond to bring up the keyboard. Other than that I love the phone. I really like the ringtones and alerts but is there a way to get more alerts and more ringtones? I am not into musical ones.

Also I wish the phone had different alert tones for different contacts. I also wish it had bookmarks. And one more thing, the volume on the speaker phone sucks. Having come from the iPhone 4S I can say that the phone is actually pretty quick as pages load fast and I get better service compared to the 4S. I also am curious as to how to use the forward camera and wish there was a way to get the indicator light to do more. Like maybe breathe or blink with different colors for different events? Or maybe have an option to use just the indicator and shut down the time? Just an idea.

All in all I am very happy and will be returning the 4s on Sunday. For your reference I am in Chicago with a black 16gb N9.

X-

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ifox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
when editing a contact, one of the bottom options is to set a custom ringtone for him.

the phone is also going to get an update soon, and it should fix quite a lot of issues, so hopefully tha will also improve the rare laggyness.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mooglez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mooglez View Post
when editing a contact, one of the bottom options is to set a custom ringtone for him.

the phone is also going to get an update soon, and it should fix quite a lot of issues, so hopefully tha will also improve the rare laggyness.
I know about the ringtone per contact but it would also be cool to have a text message alert per contact. Also.. when the update comes how will I know and how will I be able to apply it?

X-

The Following User Says Thank You to ifox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
I've just received a popup: Battery Draining Detected. Average idle drain was 20mA, now 43mA.

Uh-oh!

I enabled Developer Mode so I could use the terminal - I think I read somewhere that the SSH server which it silently starts might be the cause? I probably don't need SSH server most of the time, so I'd rather have it as a manual start. I've disabled Developer Mode again for now to see if the idle consumption goes back down.

Also: anyone else experiencing frequent music stuttering or just full-on stop/start when opening/closing other apps, particularly the built in facebook client (which I'm finding distinctly underwhelming given that I'm used to just using facebook.com on the N900 which was slow but fully featured).

I'd have thought that Audio Playback service(s) would already be prioritised/nice'd appropriately. Anyone know more?

Originally Posted by Pebby View Post
If you tap the top portion where the status indicators are, it will list the transfers in the pulldown. Neato.
My issue with the transfer window is that there's no context menu (e.g. Open file, Open directory in File Manager) in the transfer window. Shame. Fairly sure this'll be addressed in a future update as it seems like such a simple thing with almost universal appeal.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ifox View Post
For anyone that cares the bluetooth DOES support phonebook transfer. Now that I have this great piece I have a few question that I hope can be answered.
You receive few answers because few people have the N9 yet, but your findings are very welcome!
Some bugs/missing features will be fixed in the next month or so, but don't know specifically. You can tell what you don't like to Nokia Care
Also I think that you can bookmark pages as applications (but folder will only come in PR1.2)

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post: