Posts: 68 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
First of all, why wasn't there a tv-out cable in the package? The one that came with my N900 works, so it doesn't matter to me, but I'd imagine this might be a problem for others.

Secondly, videos with resolution 1024x576 fail to play over tv-out. Everything else up to 1280x720 works, but just that one resolution just shows nothing on the TV when you play it, though it does play on device's own screen. My TV tells me the video signal from the device is 576i, so maybe that's somehow connected. I don't care about this so much, as it's not such a common resolution.

The biggest problem, which makes the tv-out practically useless, is that when you play something over it, when the device's own screen goes into standby, the playback on the tv becomes very choppy. I'm guessing the standby forces the device to downclock or something. Anyone have any ideas, what could be done about this?

Have TV-output issues here, too.

My new N9 shows nothing but a black screen (no video input signal at all) through my Epson Powerlite S5+ projector, although my N950 works without problems with it.

I'm using the same N900 TV-out cable.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
My N9's touchscreen stops responding to touch when connected. Also like op mentioned, video becomes choppy on standby

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Hmm...I'll be the lone man out here. Mine works fine. I use it to play SPB TV and it works like a dream. No setting to enable...it just works.
IIRC though, there's some setting somewhere in Settings. Might try making sure it is on NTSC (if USA) or PAL otherwise. I think I had to change it to NTSC but no problems otherwise.

Use Backlighter to prevent the phone going into standby mode.

http://store.ovi.com/content/224077?...e=search&pos=1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I do not have the problems of choppy playback but this is maybe due to the resolution / format of the file I use. I did not pay attention to that.

Originally Posted by kyle2k View Post
My new N9 shows nothing but a black screen (no video input signal at all) through my Epson Powerlite S5+ projector, although my N950 works without problems with it.

I'm using the same N900 TV-out cable.
Do not forget to remove the rubber case of the N9, it prevents the plug to enter properly resulting in poor connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:

Tags
blank screen, yuck! composite