Active Topics

I have developed a music player for the N9/N950. Main reasons were the lack of equalizer and having another option which could be modified at will. You can find it in Nokia Store.

Tapping on the album art in the player page will show the current played playlist.

Playlists (m3u) can only be read by now. Playlist management will come in new versions.

NOTE: Application can not play files whose filename has unicode characters, like è/à/ì. This is due to a Nokia API bug. If you can, pls vote on this bug report.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this great player. I really like the main menu setup and the maemo5-inspired albumart/playlist transition. Keep up the good work =)

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Riga, Latvia
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
NOTE: Application can not play files whose filename has unicode characters, like è/à/ì. This is due to a Nokia API bug. If you can, pls vote on this bug report.
A bit off topic... I'm not familiar with Qt APIs but the url in the bug report seems correct to me (%C3%A8 is escaped è).

really nice, but i don't really like the icons though, but other than that really nice work keep it up.

N9 64gb black

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
What a nice player...

Until I find out..... that there are Ad's on this player...

Argh!!!!

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
You should be able to solve this problem by decoding the url before setting the audio source, e.g:

Code:
function playTrack(url) {
audioPlayer.source = decodeURIComponent(url); audioPlayer.play();
}
It worked for me when I discovered the same problem.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-10-31 at 17:15.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
You should be able to solve this problem by decoding the url before setting the audio source, e.g:
Thanks a lot! You can't guess how much time I spent trying to fix it.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Some suggestions:

* Add option to pause the music when removing the headphone jack
* Landscape mode
* No muting while playing a song when you received message
* Option to stay on the music list when you click on a song to play (so it wont go to the Cover directly)

Is there any way to get back to the album cover from the song list without restarting a song?
Couldn't figure that ouy

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
What a nice player...

Until I find out..... that there are Ad's on this player...

Argh!!!!
I really like to code, but within University and the global situation, time I can spend is always less, and it takes a lot of time to create an application: InternetRadioPlayer for harmattan counts, for example, over 4500 lines of code (qml and cpp side).
Not everyone likes to pay for apps, so I try to provide both a free version (with ads) and a paid one. For the free one I'm trying not to annoy the user, right now ads come every 10mins, and they stop showing after clicking one.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Some suggestions:

* Add option to pause the music when removing the headphone jack
* Landscape mode
* No muting while playing a song when you received message
* Option to stay on the music list when you click on a song to play (so it wont go to the Cover directly)

Is there any way to get back to the album cover from the song list without restarting a song?
Couldn't figure that ouy
The first 3 points are on my todolist, for the 4th one, you can see the tracks list when you click on the cover art.

You can go back to player page clicking on the "play" icon on toolbar without restarting the song.

Thanks for the suggestions.