Active Topics

Problem: I really don't like when I have to search flashlite application in grid of launchers -- it is really slow and painful.

Idea: It would be ideal if I could light up the LEDs with double press of lock button (power key).

Solution: In /etc/mce/mce.ini there is PowerKeyDoubleAction property which can trigger some DBus signal. And how about some daemon, listening for this signal and lighting up LEDs when it is recieved?

Implementation: Yours! It should be pretty trivial to implement this behavior.

Notes: Notice how consistent it is with other Nokia phones -- instead of lock slider, we use lock button to trigger torch. I think Nokia could implement this themselves, because it is such a useful thing, it should be in the system by default.

Any opinions, suggestions or any other feedback is appreciated.

Happy owner of N9, the last Nokia smartphone.

Last edited by babraq; 2011-11-04 at 15:54.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
That would be cool.

Originally Posted by babraq View Post
If you have a working solution, please post it.

Its not good if everybody as to reinvest the wheel.

Also I am currently busy writing other apps
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

That would be cool.
Yeah, I think it would!

If you have a working solution, please post it.

Its not good if everybody as to reinvest the wheel.
This is just a proposal -- I don't have much time to code it now.

I posted it here because I really like the idea and if there are someone willing to implement it, it would be awesome. Otherwise it have to wait until the end of this semester.

Also I am currently busy writing other apps
I like to read that! We need great apps for Harmattan!

Happy owner of N9, the last Nokia smartphone.

I have put the flash light application as the top-right icon, but triggering it by PowerKeyDoubleAction would be really neat

Originally Posted by babraq View Post
Problem: I really don't like when I have to search flashlite application in grid of launchers -- it is really slow and painful.

Idea: It would be ideal if I could light up the LEDs with double press of lock button (power key).

Solution: In /etc/mce/mce.ini there is PowerKeyDoubleAction property which can trigger some DBus signal. And how about some daemon, listening for this signal and lighting up LEDs when it is recieved?

Notes: Notice how consistent it is with other Nokia phones -- instead of lock slider, we use lock button to trigger torch. I think Nokia could implement this themselves, because it is such a useful thing, it should be in the system by default.

Any opinions, suggestions or any other feedback is appreciated.
volume+ when on the lockscreen to toggle the flashlight.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82538

requires some python coding at present. i imagine ill eventually make a separate app just for this and put it in the store, so it will be easy to use/install.