Active Topics

Hi,

does anyone else have a problem with devel-su after the update? When I try to change to root I get an error message "su: can't set groups: Operation not permitted".
I am entering the right password (rootme) since I get "incorrect password" message when I try it with some other password.

I've re-installed the development packages and reset the phone, but nothing helps. I was even going to flash the phone back to PR1.0, but apparently I can't do that either, since the flasher won't allow downgrading the firmware. (my fw-version is now "DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_PR_001").

Any suggestions of where to look for a fix?

-teppo

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tjjalava View Post
Hi,

does anyone else have a problem with devel-su after the update? When I try to change to root I get an error message "su: can't set groups: Operation not permitted".
I am entering the right password (rootme) since I get "incorrect password" message when I try it with some other password.
Seems to be working fine for me, so doesn't seem to be an intentional change in 1.1

The Following User Says Thank You to mooglez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mooglez View Post
Seems to be working fine for me, so doesn't seem to be an intentional change in 1.1
Ok, so it's just me then.. great

Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
Have you tried disabling Developer mode, rebooting and then enabling it again? You might try disabling developer mode and removing the developer packages and then a reboot as well before enabling it.
Yep, done that already a couple of times, no help. I also did a full reset earlier, but that didn't work either. I would try a re-flash also, but the flasher won't let me downgrade to the earlier firmware, and I don't know, if the new version is available anywhere yet, at least I can't find it.

-t

are you trying through ssh or terminal? because new openssh update disbaled root from ssh.

Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
are you trying through ssh or terminal? because new openssh update disbaled root from ssh.
through terminal. I can't access the device through ssh even with the normal user, since I can't set the password..

I traced devel-su and it's failing while calling setgroups32, because it doesn't have sufficient permissions.

Also, I remember that there used to be a directory called "developer" under /home, but I don't have it anymore. Maybe that's not related to this problem, but still..

-t

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Poland, Tricity
Originally Posted by tjjalava View Post
through terminal. I can't access the device through ssh even with the normal user, since I can't set the password..

I traced devel-su and it's failing while calling setgroups32, because it doesn't have sufficient permissions.

Also, I remember that there used to be a directory called "developer" under /home, but I don't have it anymore. Maybe that's not related to this problem, but still..

-t
There seems to be something to it. I didn't finished the upgrade yet (upgrade script said it was interrupted and cannot finish), but now my old root password doesn't work. I've send an email to Nokia support, but no answer yet.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I cant access as root via SSH anymore, could before update, can access as user. I have re-enabled root access too. This is shitting me! If I wanted no access I woulda bought a fuc*ing ihpone

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Yes, its so sad

My solution.

Install Midnightcommander on N9.

login as "ssh user@N9-ip" become root (devel-su + password ) and type "mc"

Now you can move,copy,delete,edit ........ as root on the n9.

Sorry for my English.