Active Topics

Hi everyone, I have noticed a few things and also a question.

1. When going into developer mode, there are times the terminal icon does not show up and a restart is needed.

2. if I restart the phone, sometimes the Wifi tethering will work but sometimes it will block it...and this is regardless if I put in the code into that terminal thing - so weird.

3. Facebook feed for me still does not work

4. I have a headphone that has a 2.5mm tip and i use another cable to connect it to make it a 3.5mm. The N9 will not output music through the headphones if you have another cable as an extension...i plugged in the headphone to the 3.5mm jack and music was still coming out of the external speaker. Tried restarting, and it was the same. I plugged in my Logitech computer speakers and it worked fine.

question now (i tried to look this up, but no luck).

What is the default security PIN code for our phones? I am trying to set up my school's email via microsoft exchange but it keeps asking security code and i do not know what to put.

Thank you all!

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
1. Hm not for me. Not yet, anyways.

3. On the Feedscreen? That works for me, but Twitter USED to work and now doesnt. Its weird indeed.

For your last question: maybe its in the manual?

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/g...a_N9_UG_en.pdf

?

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Tampere Finland
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
What is the default security PIN code for our phones? I am trying to set up my school's email via microsoft exchange but it keeps asking security code and i do not know what to put.
There is no default security PIN code on N9/N950.
You have to set up it firstly by yourself.

Could you clarify, do you have 2 or 3 fields in "change password" window which appeared when you are trying to configure MfE account? If there is 2 - you have just to enter new password.

If 3 - then you or somebody else have defined lock code already.

If it is allowed by your Exchange server - you can try to mark "non-provisionable device" button in MfE setttings, then lock code setup will not be needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to mdn For This Useful Post:
figured it out! thanks!

Last edited by asianmoomoo; 2011-11-10 at 15:38.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Tampere Finland
Originally Posted by asianmoomoo View Post
figured it out! thanks!
It is just a workaround, so if you still have PR1.0 - it would be better to do Settings - Reset - Clear device (device has to be restored to as near as possible to 'out-of-box' state and lock code will be resetted).
Since PR1.1 - lock code will be asked to get a confirmation for 'Clear Device' action.