Reply
Thread Tools
pH5's Avatar
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 363 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
#21
Originally Posted by myrjola View Post
Seems that the app is not yet visible in the Apps for Meego client, is that due to it missing review info (or some other reason)?
Check out http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_Apps/Community_QA. The application has not cleared QA yet, so you'd have to install the testing repostory enabler to see it.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 313 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
#22
Nice app, much appreciated. Some suggestions for improvement:

1. Have an option to choose start page as either forum list (default) or today's posts
2. Implement a refresh button on the today's posts page
3. Option to view most recent posts on a thread page by default instead of selecting "go to last page" everytime
4. I see you've a similar app for meego forums, can the two apps be merged and have an option to change forum source (t-mo, meego...) on the fly
 

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
pH5's Avatar
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 363 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
#23
Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
Some suggestions for improvement:

1. Have an option to choose start page as either forum list (default) or today's posts
2. Implement a refresh button on the today's posts page
Yes, those are already in the pipeline.

Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
3. Option to view most recent posts on a thread page by default instead of selecting "go to last page" everytime
That's a good excuse to learn how to make a settings plugin. I'll look into it.

Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
4. I see you've a similar app for meego forums, can the two apps be merged and have an option to change forum source (t-mo, meego...) on the fly
I rather like having the two forums as separate icons in the application view. I could implement this similarly to the Contacts / Skype launchers, though.
 
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
#24
Till now everything awesome thanks

I believe its okay to use your great work to support more forums? but is there any guide to start with that?


thanks heaps
 

The Following User Says Thank You to et3rnal For This Useful Post:
pH5's Avatar
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 363 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
#25
Originally Posted by et3rnal View Post
I believe its okay to use your great work to support more forums? but is there any guide to start with that?
Of course. Unfortunately right now, the HTML parser is still hardcoded in the item model classes. That is to say, I need to work on documentation and separation of functionality. Check the onReceived slots in the Forum/Thread/PostList classes to get an idea of the current status.
A good start might be to see if you can construct a CSS selector to select each tag containing a single element (forum/thread/post) of a page of the forum you want to support.

Meanwhile, released version 0.0.5-1; changelog:
  • Support for subscribing to and unsubscribing from threads
  • Remember which page was active when quitting and restart there
  • Various bug fixes
    - show forum a thread was posted to in MeeGo Forum
    - mark threads as read immediately
    - send messages as percent/HTML encoded ISO Latin 1
    - crash fix when replying
    - fix reloading in search results, multipage searches

Last edited by pH5; 12-12-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Version 0.0.5-1 released
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
#26
Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
Of course. Unfortunately right now, the HTML parser is still hardcoded in the item model classes. That is to say, I need to work on documentation and separation of functionality. Check the onReceived slots in the Forum/Thread/PostList classes to get an idea of the current status.
A good start might be to see if you can construct a CSS selector to select each tag containing a single element (forum/thread/post) of a page of the forum you want to support.

Meanwhile, released version 0.0.5-1; changelog:
  • Support for subscribing to and unsubscribing from threads
  • Remember which page was active when quitting and restart there
  • Various bug fixes
    - show forum a thread was posted to in MeeGo Forum
    - mark threads as read immediately
    - send messages as percent/HTML encoded ISO Latin 1
    - crash fix when replying
    - fix reloading in search results, multipage searches

Thanks

I did look at it and did some modifications as the form Im trying to support using "table, tr, td" instead of "div" which i dont know if these going to work!

one more thing, how can I chose the character coding "to read and write" as the forum uses non-Latin characters

thanks a lot, I believes changing the "coding type" will help me to make it work.
 
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
#27
Great app, but the command "mark forum read" not working on the phone
 
Muzimak's Avatar
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
#28
Originally Posted by myrjola View Post
Seems that the app is not yet visible in the Apps for Meego client, is that due to it missing review info (or some other reason)?
Yeah I'm also battling to get this App, the link on the 1st Page doesn't open via my N9 Browser, how do I actually get this App, if U guys don't mind step by step please, I'm one of those who've never even Flushed my phone or used the Developer Mode...... I only know the basics!
 
Muzimak's Avatar
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
#29
Guys how do U download this App, the link doesn't seem to work!!
 
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
#30
Here you go. I found it.
Attached Files
File Type: deb forum-tmo_0.0.5-1_armel.deb (208.1 KB, 73 views)
 

The Following User Says Thank You to drvar For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.