Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
The font size in N9 is miniscule. it really detracts from ones ability to comfortably read text messages or send them out. As far as I know, there is no way to currently change the font size. Any solutions available?

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
A future update will bump the font size system-wide

As for now, you could perhaps meddle with the internal font metrics yourself, or get yourself a trendy pair of opera glasses

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
The font size in N9 is miniscule. it really detracts from ones ability to comfortably read text messages or send them out. As far as I know, there is no way to currently change the font size. Any solutions available?
I don't have my N9 handy but does pinch and zoom change the font size? It works for terminal - not enlarging the screen but actually changes the font size setting.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Not in the text messaging or IM. Only in emails and somewhat limited in web

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
There's a hack I read on the Meego forums, but it seemed quite complex; the difficulty being that there's no setting you can tweak in roots that will apply universally. I'll try to find the thread and repost soon.

Meanwhile, better things to come on this in PR1.2 http://nokian9stuff.wordpress.com/20...ze-for-the-n9/

p.s. would have replied sooner, but the OP is the N900 section?

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Found it. Orginal hack http://foolab.org/node/7894

The Following User Says Thank You to jpfsn For This Useful Post:
I am not that optimistic regarding the future update fonts. I am not impressed by the size increase.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
You could use the free 'Chorded Keyboard GKOS' application from Ovi store to have a larger font for typing SMSs. On gkos.com/meego website there is also a draft upgrade of that same app where you can see the latest received SMS in large font.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Letchworth, England
any more news when/if this is actually happening? it is the difference between me keeping the phone or returning for a refund if it does not happen

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Letchworth, England
did PR1.2 have any options to increase/change the os font size at all?