Hi All,

Used to be able to set a default number for contacts, e.g on the N8 (and most other hansets)

For the life of me I can't find this on m N9! Annoying when sending a SMS and you select the recipients home number by mistake

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Barry

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarryB20 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
..please tell me they fixed this for the N9! It's one of the more annoying day-to-day things about my N900...to the point I'm tempted to rewrite the contacts UI to display it (it's all there in the back end, and gets synced to Ovi Suite).

...oh Nokia.

If it is there, it is escaping me, that is a minor but essential fature imo but for a not nearly ready OS I'm very impressed.

Barry

Last edited by BarryB20; 2011-11-28 at 20:31.

Originally Posted by BarryB20 View Post
If it is there, it is escaping me, that is a minor but essential fature imo but for a not nearly ready OS I'm very impressed.

Barry
Seems like an enhancement that should be posted to harmattan-bugs.nokia.com

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyl For This Useful Post:
Thanks good idea, thing is that seems to be for bugs not feature enhancements?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Think it is for enhancements too (need to find where i read that).
I think some choice is key here - say if i have two mobile numbers. one is work and one is home. it orders the home to be first in display. thats fine except some contacts like to be reached on work - so yes a default number field would solve this.

The issues with this approach however is that when you do want to call a contact on a non default number you will have to find them in the address book to pick the number. Using the Recent Calls wouldnt work. Fine by me.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Hi All,

did this ever get fixed? I sold my N9 a while back but I am considering getting another one

Thanks,

Barry

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
No, either in PR1.3...
It's s...ks

Hmm thanks for the response. I did raise it to the bugzilla thread last year.

It did appear to be assigned, but looks like nothing was done, bit of a shame as texting is my main use on a phone.

Kinda like the 808 but the symbian k/b on that looks unchanged from my old N8 ( and poor compared to my One X / Lumia 800

Cheers

Barry

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
Doesn't it select the first number in your addressbook ? If so, just make sure the mobile # is the first one...