I was going to test Air UI from Nokia Store, and after the required reboot I get a warning from security system early in the boot and phone doesn't advance from that. I'll update the warning later here.

The first boot took longer than usual, and I got as far as typing my PIN when the phone crashed. After this the aforementioned situation.

My phone had a couple of weeks old Nordic pr1.1 firmware flashed with flasher and downloaded with Navifirm. No problems this far. Dev-mode enabled for terminal and packages with htop and energy profiler installed. Landscape-hack enabled.

Update: The error during boot is:
Security problem (devicelockd): /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/inputmethods/libairuiplugin.so

Also as an important detail I had Harmattan dev repo enabled along with rzr and the rest from wiki.meego.com.

Last edited by Manatus; 2011-11-30 at 08:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
I was going to test Air UI from Nokia Store, and after the required reboot I get a warning from security system early in the boot and phone doesn't advance from that. I'll update the warning later here.

The first boot took longer than usual, and I got as far as typing my PIN when the phone crashed. After this the aforementioned situation.

My phone had a couple of weeks old Nordic pr1.1 firmware flashed with flasher and downloaded with Navifirm. No problems this far. Dev-mode enabled for terminal and packages with htop and energy profiler installed. Landscape-hack enabled.

Security problem (devicelockd): /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/inputmethods/libairuiplugin.so

Also as an important detail I had Harmattan dev repo enabled along with rzr and the rest from wiki.meego.com.
Did you had device lock active? If so then maybe thats why coz I just tried installing myself and all the installation went fine and it asked me to reboot device and it was all going fine then came this screen to enter lock code and as soon as I typed the first digit it gave me that error and now I'll have to reflash as well

Below is the exact error message:
===========================
"Device not working properly
Try updating the device software with Nokia Software Updater. if the problem persists, contact the nearest Nokia care point.

Security problem (devicelockd):/usr/lib/qt4/plugins/inputmethods/libairuiplugin.so"

Same happened for my phone as well. Bad luck that I had to enable the device lock the same day because of MfE.

I also had software developer mode enabled, and had a Nordic pr1.1 firmware flashed with flasher for harmattan and downloaded with Navifirm, simply because the installer for pr1.1 did not work on my black 64gb model.

The error message is exactly the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to jajoko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post

Its not AIR that bricked your phone its the navifirm firmware.

AFAIK PR1.1 is STILL not avaible in northern european!

1.1 is available in northern europe. Has been for a while now.

I bet it was the rzr-repo that killed your FW. It wants to update and remove some packages you really dont want to.

are you guys talking about pin-code or the other lock code?
Installed it, but I don't dare to reboot..

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
damn sounds like a cool app!

installed fine for me, I flashed my device with pr1.1, plus is modded

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-11-30 at 12:17.

Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Did you had device lock active? If so then maybe thats why coz I just tried installing myself and all the installation went fine and it asked me to reboot device and it was all going fine then came this screen to enter lock code and as soon as I typed the first digit it gave me that error and now I'll have to reflash as well

Below is the exact error message:
===========================
"Device not working properly
Try updating the device software with Nokia Software Updater. if the problem persists, contact the nearest Nokia care point.

Security problem (devicelockd):/usr/lib/qt4/plugins/inputmethods/libairuiplugin.so"

Yes, I do have lock code that MfE enforces enabled.

I did a reflash (again had to use Navifirm). Ovi updater couldn't connect to phone, although it does claim that it is supported. I suppose that one would be official Northern Europe firmware, so I might try that next.

Anyway, on this second round I did only enable dev-mode with performance tools and utils (I don't think this has anything to do with the problem). After installing Air UI and reboot I got the same error message again.
So it wasn't rzr or dev-repo causing this issue. I'm inclined to believe it might be the security code causing this.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Confirmed, bricked mine too :| Installed it, rebooted, activated and worked well for a couple of hours.. then It rebooted itself, now the same message appears. I wonder how this thing passed Ovi QA, or I reaaally wonder how is this possible since it's publisher is Nokia itself. Best part of it: looks like it's bricked because of Aegis. <insert epic fail here>

I don't expect Nokia to bring already bricked devices a fix for it, but at least they should remove it from Ovi and keep end users away from this mess.

Btw, would http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state work on this case or reflashing rootfs/losing data is the only way? (And if it's, wtf? Do we have to reflash after every little complain from Aegis and his friends?)

PS: I don't have any 3rd party repos installed, didn't apply any hacks or something else, so It was a pretty clean installation.
Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aranel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Update (sorry for double-posting but I thought It worth a bump):

Looks like http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state works quite well, at least for my N950. (Sorry, couldn't get myself to brick N9, so It's up to you to confirm ) So If you're affected from this problem, just do as that wiki page says, then remove Air UI as soon as possible. If you're lucky enough, you won't have to reflash. (which brings this question to my mind: if this was possible from the day one, WHY the hell did they implement a MALF screen to force users to reflash. >_>)

Note: It displays a way scary notice about your warranty is now void, so if you want to do this on your warranty-covered N9, you may want to think again.

Note #2: Most likely unrelated but to let you know, I activated R&D mode and no-lifeguard-reset flag before doing this, and my Ubuntu Oneiric didn't recognize/misrecognize (as a one big partition named sdd) partitions on my first tries, don't lose hope if it doesn't work for you on your first try.
Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

Last edited by Aranel; 2011-11-30 at 15:19.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aranel For This Useful Post: