Active Topics

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hello
Today I noticed a new icon in app screen

This Icon not active, if I press on this, nothing happens.. I also can't remove this...

I did 3 things today:
1) update for "App. for Meego" app...
2) Disabling Skype and editing of some contacts (only birthday), after that I applied this contact in MeeBirthday app to adding them to calendar
3) played GOF2 (10min) and at the end the game crashed..
I open the app screen, scrolled down to open this game again and here I saw this Icon...

I tried reboot, and after this Icon is changed to this one:

And still, I can't remove this, and Icon is not active..

I tried disable and delete my Facebook and Skype accounts, because this Icon looks like from Availability, but no result...

Can someone know what is this and how I can remove this (I don't want to reflash again ) ?

Thanks

SOLVED: if you see the green icon, just go to: /usr/share/applications and remove the file named: org.formeego.apps.one-click-install.desktop

Last edited by Schturman; 2011-12-31 at 23:40.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
odd. looked like the feeds update picture in first pic...

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
In a file manager go to /home/user/.local/share/applications

look through that file, see if anything looks out of place... that's where all desktop icons are kept...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I got the same funny icon after I updated Apps For MeeGo. So it must be something related to that. Also got the green one after rebooting.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i dont have a n9 and have no idea about this, but maybe its an indicator that shows if the device is downloading updates?

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
That happened to me too... F*cking green icon....

The Following User Says Thank You to diegofigueroa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
The green squircle you have now seems to be what's displayed when there's a menu entry defined, but the actual PNG file for the icon is missing. (i got it several times when i experimented with my own entries in the application menu.)

there must be something fishy wrt how such icon files disappear. a friend of mine has all the bookmarks he created from the browser displayed as such green squircles. he thought it was the correct behaviour because for him, it was never different.

so what could have happened is that something went wrong during the update, preventing the old icon from being removed completely while the new one is already there.

anyway, I'd just go for the manual solution suggested by Arie. There has to be a *.desktop-file in your ~/.local/share/applications folder that has been changed recenty and, when examine it, lacks lines such as "Name=" (or the name is empty). Delete/move it and the ghost should disappear.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
Hey guys, i followed Arie's and Benny1967's instructions, but it seems my installed apps are placing menu items at /usr/share/applications instead of ~/.local/share/applications.

There i found org.formeego.apps.one-click-install.desktop, which i deleted, then reboot, and the annoying green icon is gone!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diegofigueroa For This Useful Post:
The response is in this thread :
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...s.formeego.org
Originally Posted by X-Fade View Post
Well that is up to you

That is the part of the client which listens to the ymp mimetype and installs the app when you click on the website. On PR1.0 it is somehow visible, but on PR1.1 it isn't.

The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by diegofigueroa
Hey guys, i followed Arie's and Benny1967's instructions, but it seems my installed apps are placing menu items at /usr/share/applications instead of ~/.local/share/applications.

There i found org.formeego.apps.one-click-install.desktop, which i deleted, then reboot, and the annoying green icon is gone!
Thanks, problem solved

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post: