Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Maryland, USA
#1
I know there are some other N9 owners besides myself here that have their phone on T-mobile USA, and was curious if you're experiencing the same issue I am: When receiving picture messages (i.e. MMS), they're resized down to a ridiculously small size. I've tried out APN settings per suggestions on T-mobile forums, and went with what the T-mobile service rep recommended on the phone, but am still experiencing the same issue. Has anyone found a way to set up the phone to alleviate this issue?

Last edited by levintruenoae86; 2011-12-16 at 18:03.
 
Posts: 250 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010
#2
never tried mms and just received 2 mms through fmms in my life

i thought that's how it works. isn't it that either the phone or the carrier will scale it down due to bandwidth cap per mms uploaded and sent?
 
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Maryland, USA
#3
Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph View Post
never tried mms and just received 2 mms through fmms in my life

i thought that's how it works. isn't it that either the phone or the carrier will scale it down due to bandwidth cap per mms uploaded and sent?

I never had this issue with MMS on my BlackBerry Bold (I received full-sized 5mp images, for example), and even tried sending an image from my N9 to another family members T-mobile G2X (LG Optimus) which received the original size N9 photo, no issues. I'm trying to figure out what the snag is with my N9, to no avail at this moment.
 
somedude's Avatar
Posts: 1,312 | Thanked: 736 times | Joined on Sep 2009
#4
 
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Maryland, USA
#5
Thanks for that lead. I guess it comes down to trying to find a solution on the network end of things....maybe having them set up their system for the N900 or something along those lines would work...
 
cddiede's Avatar
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
#6
When I receive images over MMS on my N9 using T-Mobile USA, they initially appear like small thumbnails, but if I click on them and open them in the photo viewer application, they appear full size.
 
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Maryland, USA
#7
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
When I receive images over MMS on my N9 using T-Mobile USA, they initially appear like small thumbnails, but if I click on them and open them in the photo viewer application, they appear full size.
Do you mean the viewer when you tap on the message in your text conversation (where you subsequently save the file)? Or do you mean the gallery application?
Either way, would you mind sharing your MMS settings? Maybe there's something I missed as far as APN and service settings go. I can't get anything more than a thumbnail that takes up a minuscule portion of the screen.

Nice to meet another N9 user in Maryland, by the way .

Last edited by levintruenoae86; 2011-12-15 at 05:38.
 
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
#8
Did u change ur message size to maximum in the settings? as it defaults to small. I doubt its a tmobile issue as It works fine for me
 
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Maryland, USA
#9
Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
Did u change ur message size to maximum in the settings? as it defaults to small. I doubt its a tmobile issue as It works fine for me
Yes, even after setting my message size to the maximum in the MMS settings, I end up receiving images shrunk to this size:


Maybe I'm missing something in the settings somewhere??
 
cddiede's Avatar
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
#10
Originally Posted by levintruenoae86 View Post
Do you mean the viewer when you tap on the message in your text conversation (where you subsequently save the file)? Or do you mean the gallery application?
Either way, would you mind sharing your MMS settings? Maybe there's something I missed as far as APN and service settings go. I can't get anything more than a thumbnail that takes up a minuscule portion of the screen.

Nice to meet another N9 user in Maryland, by the way .
After I save the MMS image and view it in the Gallery, it looks to be full size. I'll admit that the thumbnail of an MMS in the text conversation window is pretty damn small.

I'll have to digg up my MMS settings. I never messed with it and just let the T-Mobile SIM card populate the MMS and internet settings automatically.

So, fellow Maryland-er, did you get a new Micro SIM from T-Mobile, or did you cut down an existing one like I did?
I wanted the option of swapping the card back into the N900 via an adapter in case the N9 sucked. So far I haven't swapped it back even once.

Besides, T-Mobile wanted a new activation fee to transfer my account to a new micro sim, so screw that...
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:00.