Active Topics

Im really interested in getting a n800, but in Vancouver, BC, Canada, I cant seem to find anyplace that has it.

Im going to SE asia in a week and I wanted to get it before then.
Any one know any stores or places in Vancouver where I could get it today?

Or do they sell them in Thailand? I have a 2 hour stopover in hongkong too, but Im worried about buying it there, is there going to be language issues?

I'm also in Vancouver BC. I ordered mine from http://www.expansys.ca/. Can't remember how long it took for delivery though. I see that TigerDirect.ca also has them now - they usually have pretty good delivery but it might be tight if you are leaving next week. I don't know of anywhere that you could get one locally.

Why don't you just buy it from amazon?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
You can also order it direct from Nokia Canada now.

Amazon only ships books to canada, or only did last time I checked.

Im wary of getting stuff shiped accross border too, Ive had stuff held up in customs or gotten large custome duties added on aswell.

So no local place in Vancouver? cause I would need it by friday, its for the trip, so getting it late would defeat the purpose.

Vancouver based computer dealer NCIX sells them

and so does ATIC

they are both on Broadway and you can also buy online

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Iax View Post
Amazon only ships books to canada, or only did last time I checked.
Amazon.com (note the .com not .ca) will accept orders from Canada for shipping to a US address. So far, I have found this to work out very well. I use a UPS Store in the US as my local address and go and pick it up myself when it arrives. The UPS Store that I use (in upstate NY) charges me a $5.00 holding fee.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Midwest
good deal on amazon.com today its 229.99 cheaper than buy.com (it went back to 240). i just ordered mine yesterday on buy.com darn it!

it is still so expensive in canada !!

Originally Posted by vrussell View Post
it is still so expensive in canada !!
Atic is selling it in Vancouver for $269.

It is still cheaper to buy it here and not get hit with extra customs and duties and shipping costs.

Has anyone been able to buy from the US and not pay customs/duties?