Active Topics

Palco in Alabama (Most of the warranty Nokia phones go there) has replied back to me with their estimate on the cost of the repair if anyone else in interested on this.
To replace the LCD is $170.00 plus $8 shipping handling. Our website is being updated with this information/pricing. The form and address are listed on the website for sending the unit to us. Please include your information and a detailed note describing what repair you want preformed. When we receive the unit we will email you a quote - at that time we can process a check/money or credit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Good to know that Palco would still be willing to at least do out-of-warranty repairs.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation as a US owner of an N9 in need of repair. In my case, I purchased mine from Negri Electronics. I received an RMA and returned the unit to them per their instructions a few weeks ago--I will keep the board updated as to how they deal with the repair/warranty, etc, as I know several North American forum members also purchased from them.

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
What was the issue with yours Kingleware, if I may ask.
$178 is still a steep price to get the lcd replaced for me atleast at this situation, so I am thinking of holding it off for about a month now. Only thing that irritates me right now about it is that I am not able to call voicemail or any other numbers that would require me to enter numbers for the steps. Phone thinks that the proximity sensor is closed because of a big crack on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I had a very prominent line of dead pixels across the middle of the display show up on day 25 of my ownership of the N9. Of course, 25 days is the limit at which you can do a straight no-questions-asked swap or return with the retailer in question, so I had to go through the warranty/repair process.

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
OK guys, I am taking a chance and doing it myself, ordered the part today for $125 and will be here the 4th, so if everything goes well I will post here with new screened N9 next year.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
It might be worth getting one of these or something similar ...I have found the right tools always make a job easier and more likely to go well.

http://www.ifixit.com/Tools/Home-Tec...t=product_link

good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
If you have a homeowner's insurance policy you can get a personal articles policy to cover the N9 which costs $35/yr tops. Statefarm does not cover cell phones so any other provider should work. Some require deductibles others don't and usually just send you a check in the mail for the N9's current market price after you put in your claim.

Yep I have all the manual downloaded and the russian video bookmarked, lcd should ship with the required tools,

Insurance is not going to help me on this.,

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Got my squaretrade shipping label yesterday for my approved claim.

Pupd A replacement 16GB for 375 too

When you get it...if it doesn't have the Bezel..don't bother cracking you're phone open.

I Have good pix of what it should look like I can post later

wait they are giving you 375 for a replacement ?

Tags
nokia support