Active Topics

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
Hello everyone! Greetings from Argentina! Glad to be on this nice forum I hope you can give me a little help on this. I recently bought my first high-end phone ever, and it's a N9.

Well, i dont know if you know the fact that here in ARG the NFC feature of the N9 is DISABLED by default, and cannot be activated. The users manual says its due to "regulatory restrictions existing in this country", and the setting menu for this feature is missing.
I also have another issue, the phone is currently running software version 34-1, on product code 059L889 (AR Telecom-Personal Cyan 16Gb), and there is no update listed in NaviFirm for this product code in the 40-4 or 44-2 version. So im not sure if i can update it at all.

So the question is, what would happen if i flash the device with another country's software and product code, lets say for the same colour and memory? Would it unlock the NFC and succesfully update it to 40-4? If that is the case, wich one would you recommend me? Im a little bit scared, i dont wanna ruin it and void the warranty...

Any help would be super, i'm kind of a noob on this platform .

Have a nice New Year! Cheers!
Humberto

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
Hola

si pones un firmware que no sea el 059L889 vas a violar la garantia SIEMPRE !

Te recomiendo usar la version internacional (NDT 001) si quieres perder la garantia, pero tener updates mas rapidamente.

DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin <- version internacional

[english] change product code -> void waranty, i recomend use the international version NDT 001

Hola y gracias por la respuesta!

Bueno después de hacer el post me armé de valor y estoy haciendo exactamente lo que me comentás, estoy bajando esa imágen con el navifirm y mañana me voy a disponer a flashearlo.

Lo que hice también (y bueno, parece que volé la garantía), es cambiar el código de producto con el NSS (hay instrucciones por el foro) por el 059H6N5 que es la versión NDT ROW Cyan de 16Gb (por cierto, ¿que es ROW?) para que en el futuro me sigan entrando solas las actualizaciones por OTA o NSU.

¿Cual es la diferencia entre poner ese código de producto y el Europeo Central NDT? Por lo que vi las imágenes del firmware sonn las mismas, la 001.

Bueno ya voy a comentar como me fué, a ver si se activa el NFC.

Saludos!

Done! Just changed the product code to receive future updates via traditional ways instead of using NaviFirm each time, and installed international version as our friend said, all went good!

Now i have NFC and i unlocked the levels in Angry Birds, and also now i have more aplications, like Skype, and Wi-Fi Hotspot! Just amazing!

To change Product code to any other you like: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80639&page=5 (see first post)

To manually update firmware: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79897

THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY, DO IT UNDER YOUR OWN RISK!

Well, thats all, thanks Rlinfati for your advice!

Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hambert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
And what happens if i change my product code and reinstall the firmware with nokia software updater??

I could avoid using winflasher or phoenix?

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
you dont need to change the product code at all, just flash a different firmware. Follow itsnotabigtruck's guide.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Is better changing the product code! because next time the update will be via OTA .
And with NSU is easier than winflasher or phoenix

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
And what happens if i change my product code and reinstall the firmware with nokia software updater??

I could avoid using winflasher or phoenix?
Yes, just change the product code and then do a scan with NSU. It'll flash the phone much easier than the manual methods.

Regards!

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
si es solo por el NFC no necesitas flashearlo, si es para recibir la actualización no te va a quedar otra opción que esa o esperar hasta la eternidad

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina