So I just updated my Nokia Suite from 3.2.98 to 3.3.86 and it looks like Nokia patched the loophole where the N9 doesn't sync with Nokia Suite anymore. I was wondering if there is any workaround for that?

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
AFAIR Nokia made it clear they don't want N9s to be used with Nokia Suite, for whatever reason. Lazy bastards.

If Nokia Link had an option to sync contacts with Thunderbird's addressbook I wouldn't really ask for anything else.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
are u serious, this is happening with n9 also?

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
I read (can't recall where exactly) that Nokia Suite will only work with the N9 if you stick with the Ovi version 3.2.xxx. Turn off Auto Update within its settings, and just be stuck with that version. Might not be ideal, but at least you'll have those precious Contacts backed up somewhere.

I've also written to Nokia to request a future update to Link include Contacts back up. Pretty effing ridiculous to take away compatibility with Nokia Suite and iSync and Ovi 'cloud' and then provide us with an option that has no Contacts back up. Sure I'm grateful it works with my Mac, but COME ON. Contacts back up? Pretty bloody important.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by chiron View Post
So I just updated my Nokia Suite from 3.2.98 to 3.3.86 and it looks like Nokia patched the loophole where the N9 doesn't sync with Nokia Suite anymore. I was wondering if there is any workaround for that?
I'm confused, do you mean Nokia patched it so that you can't sync a N9 with Nokia suite now, asssuming you'd been using the work around from the old version in the first place?
I assume that's what you mean though it's not really what a noob would take from what you said.

If so thank's for the heads up, I'll avoid updating.

Just seeking clarity not trolling.

Last edited by HanzBlix; 2012-01-20 at 08:44.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
I'm confused, do you mean Nokia patched it so that you can't sync a N9 with Nokia suite now, asssuming you'd been using the work around from the old version in the first place?
I assume that's what you mean though it's not really what a noob would take from you said.

Well spotted - i had much the same thought as you.. works for me, no plans to break it by updating...

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Honolulu, HAWAII
dear Chiron, you have to reinstall 3.2.100.....

Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
I assume that's what you mean though it's not really what a noob would take from what you said.

Yeah, Hanz that's what I meant, sorry for the confusing wording... was just annoyed by the new update since there seems to be no work around. Only way is to downgrade it to 3.2.xxx

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
I read (can't recall where exactly) that Nokia Suite will only work with the N9 if you stick with the Ovi version 3.2.xxx. Turn off Auto Update within its settings, and just be stuck with that version. Might not be ideal, but at least you'll have those precious Contacts backed up somewhere.

I've also written to Nokia to request a future update to Link include Contacts back up. Pretty effing ridiculous to take away compatibility with Nokia Suite and iSync and Ovi 'cloud' and then provide us with an option that has no Contacts back up. Sure I'm grateful it works with my Mac, but COME ON. Contacts back up? Pretty bloody important.
As far as I understand, you can make a back up by your phone, so you do not need any separate software for it ... to make a contact back up - just go: Contacts - Options - Export contacts - File ... and I am pretty sure that a back up include contacts too (settings - Sync and back up - Back up) ....

Honestly, it is one reason why I really like N9 ... it does not need any separate software - I can use it without any separate software with all of my computers at home and at work, even with all my laptops and notebooks .... because all needed software is in phone

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaripi For This Useful Post:
If you want to sync all your contacs and send SMS vía PC, use the old (and great), Nokia PC Suite.
I use these old software with my Nokia N9 and works great!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orlycristofalo For This Useful Post: