Active Topics

Hey all, I haven't used the n900 in quite some time, but my work switched me back to T-Mobile, and I found someone that will repair my micro-usb port for 50 bucks. I'm bored of my Android device.

If I'm coming back, is the Meego/Harmattan or whatever worth giving a shot for every day use, or just stick with the community enhanced Maemo5? I'm having trouble finding out how far along the Meego/n900 project has come in the past year or so.

check out the community enhanced and use it on a daily basis, and check out Nemo Mobile, since its a decent effort and deserves attention, but it is not ready to replace Maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by captainqtp View Post
Hey all, I haven't used the n900 in quite some time, but my work switched me back to T-Mobile, and I found someone that will repair my micro-usb port for 50 bucks. I'm bored of my Android device.

If I'm coming back, is the Meego/Harmattan or whatever worth giving a shot for every day use, or just stick with the community enhanced Maemo5? I'm having trouble finding out how far along the Meego/n900 project has come in the past year or so.
Basically nothing of much significance has changed. nothing of much relevance to the everyday user, anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to col37400 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by captainqtp View Post

I dunno, significant increase in battery life, 720P recording/playing and wifi drivers capable of packet injection is quite exciting. Unfortunately this all pales into insignificance when you consider you still cannot loltweet on your memeblog, whatsapp your bro-slice or flash 10.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
hahahahahah. i like vi_'s comments. LOL.

but hell yeah, depending on your usage pattern, it can be significant or not. i saw someone asking what can the n900 do vs their rooted droid with chroot ubuntu. pretty much similar actually except the n900 has an ir port. i can have fun with public TVs using pierogi :P