Active Topics

I was looking at talk.maemo.org's stats this morning and was surprised that there are still 20K unique visitors visiting the forum everyday.

Anyway, I thought of sharing TMO's visitor stats summary for 2011:

The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Looking good.

Could you maybe ask the sub-forum mods to un-sticky some of the outdated sticky threads?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Thanks for sharing the stats, Reggie! The first two spikes are Feb11 (WP announcement), Jun21 (N9 announcement), right? The last spike seems to be Nokia World? Any specific infos about the dates/events of the spikes in September? N9 release, sure - but any specific dates/events that correspond to these?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Oh my. That's a actually a good one (surprise).

Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
What else is surprising is that traffic from the US is almost 2x from any where else

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Thanks for sharing the stats, Reggie! The first two spikes are Feb11 (WP announcement), Jun21 (N9 announcement), right? The last spike seems to be Nokia World? Any specific infos about the dates/events of the spikes in September? N9 release, sure - but any specific dates/events that correspond to these?
Could it be this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The very big spikes appear to coincide with Intel dropping MeeGo. That might have brought many people back to Maemo Fremantle and Harmattan.

Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
What else is surprising is that traffic from the US is almost 2x from any where else
Sure, but adjust for population size and US traffic becomes quite unimpressive compared to most of the others :-) Finland is the big outlier, but hardly surprising I guess.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
And not everyone allows google analytics, so there are more of us than the reports would indicate. At least one more, anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by thp View Post
@thp, freemangordon
i think the september spike's from the spambot attacks we had around that month.

talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41451&page=62

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post: